XXXVIII • THE HOUSE GUEST

thirty-eight. the house guest

Salvatore Boarding House

Rosie Kartwright walks out of the connecting bathroom to her unoccupied excessively spacious bedroom early in the morning as the sun rises-- the light shining through the curtains of the room before she puts on her simple pair of beige-coloured flats for the day at school. Stefan, however, is standing in the middle of his spacious bedroom next door, putting on his pair of matching black socks for the day. Rosie strides quickly, as if in an early morning rush, over to a single chair in which her sling bag is sitting on. Once they came back home from the lake house the previous late night, the pair remain broken up regarding their great stubbornness over difference of opinion once it comes to the sacrifice relating the old sun and moon curse.

Once she's about to walk down the hallway, she senses her ex-boyfriend's presence on the other side of the slightly open door of his bedroom, therefore she simply called out to him, "Stefan, we're late for school." In fact, she hates to be late. Time is not anyone's friend, therefore it's precious. One term to simply describe Rosie Kartwright would be punctual.

Although Stefan is the kind of person who doesn't want to rush anything-- he's a calm and patient young man because good things come to those who wait. Additionally, he has a lot of time to do anything as an immortal, really. High school would be the very last thing on his to-do list, to say the least. Therefore, unexpectedly, a flirtatious reply is heard instead, "Let's be later."

This line earns a truly annoyed eye roll from her outside the door, "Hilarious. If this is how you're going to play it, I'm not waiting for you." She's about to walk down the hallway when he finally widens the door open to look at her-- the very first person who he sees today in the early morning.

"School?" He shakes his head a little, sarcastically, "Never heard of it."

She fakes a happy smile, "Then I've never heard of you. I was never here." Once she's about to walk off, he quickly grabs her arm and pulls her closer in order to kiss her, though she is quicker when she turns the table around to pin him against the wall of his bedroom, inside, by the open door instead, "Don't even think about it. We're not doing that. Not after what happened last night. You can't do that. We're not together anymore, so just leave it."

A cute pout shows up on his handsome face at this firm decision, "Ouch."

She quickly drops her hands from holding on to him in pure annoyance, "Wipe that look from your face and get going, now. I'll leave you to it."

He smiles warmly at her instead, "Okay, Rosie, just give me five minutes."

"Only five minutes." She firmly decided, assertively, as she speed-walks out the wide open door, out of her ex-boyfriend's personal space of bedroom.