XVII • LET THE RIGHT ONE IN

seventeen. let the right one in

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon boards up the big window made of glass, in the living room, that Frederick and Bethanne broke through the previous night when they attacked the brothers as Stefan and Rosie/Minerva are closely watching him. The amnesiac definitely doesn't remember them or any of the tomb vampires, only knowing that one of them must have been her sire, and she's trying to put those pieces of lost memories together with the help of Stefan.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon quickly planned out of disatisfaction; he doesn't seem to care about the consequences as long as his foes are dead. At this point, their vampire foe would be Frederick since Bethanne died.

Although if they do that, they will all be annihilated for good. Dead.

Rosie/Minerva scoffs sarcastically, "Yeah, what a great idea, Damon."

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, 'Oops. Sorry?'" Stefan added with more sarcasm, making his lover smile; they will all be outnumbered and annihilated for certain — they will lose.

"So is this what brought you two star-crossed lovers together? Sarcastic remarks out of your own self-deprecating humor? How sweet." Damon said sarcastically as he turns around to examine them; truly envious of his brother's achievement. He always asked; how does Stefan Salvatore do it? Why does it seem that his little brother deserves love and he doesn't?

Right. Because he's not the good brother. That's his label.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Rosie/Minerva brought up.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's going to help me get Katherine back." Pearl Zhu was Katherine Pierce's best friend in four hundred years after all since they became friends sometime in the late fifteenth century. She and her daughter, Annabelle, know where that ungrateful harlot went all along.

"Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process." Rosie/Minerva snarked, her arms folded with attitude. Because Damon Salvatore is not the good brother. Keep that in mind. Although a part of her wants to change that; she wants him to prove them wrong. She wished that he would make the effort to be a good person.

"You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon mentioned with a frown.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. My senses are right. I've earned snarky, always." Rosie nods. It's what makes her the brilliant Minerva Devon. She enjoys being snarky.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your bestie's birth mother into a vampire? I've always thought you're not much of a defender. I mean, it doesn't seem like it's your type." Damon considered aloud judgmentally. Honestly, he doesn't feel much remorse for his victim — Isobel Flemming. She was a parapsychologist who was practically asking for it anyway.