XXXI • KATERINA

thirty-one. katerina

Salvatore Boarding House

Someone is knocking on the main front door of the excessively large manor and Rosie opens it, a smile which appears on her pretty face, "Hello, Elena."

Elena smiles warmly in return before she quickly looks inside at the main foyer shortly, "Hey. Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important." Although of course her best friend knows that. She lives here anyway.

"Right this way." Rosie leads her into the excessively spacious parlor room, in which Stefan and Damon are waiting for her arrival rather impatiently, right after her worried best friend closes the front door shut behind them.

"Hey." Stefan mentioned her with a rather friendly, welcoming smile.

Damon folds his muscular arms with a frown, "About time you showed up."

Elena fakes a smile for the older brother, "It's good to see you too, Damon." She averts her curious gaze between Rosie and Stefan, "What is this about?"

The dark brown haired young woman, Rosie-Marie, who seems to be in her early twenties with a slender body and fair skin, under a long-sleeved gray T-shirt definitely owned by Damon, and hazel-green eyes, steps into the spacious room to join them now that their visitor has finally showed up. Elena turns around when she senses her presence and frowns at her coldly.

"You." Elena quickly moves to sit on the vintage couch with her best friend by her side, trying to get away from her former vampire captor as far as possible even though they remain harmless in the same room together.

Rosie smiles at the oldest vampire, the British one, in the room in a friendly, welcoming manner, much like mirroring her ex, "Good morning, Rose."

Rose smiles awkwardly in return, clearly uncomfortable to be the center of attention at the moment, "Morning." She takes a deep breath before she exhales shakily, nervous, "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." He's a revered legend, to be precise. Myth perhaps, though he's a legend.

"He is real." Rosie confirmed it, which attracts every one of their attention, since she has already met him once and last a long one hundred years ago.

"How do you know?" Rose asked in her own politely sharp English accent, deeply concerned by what the young hybrid doppelgänger already knows.

Rosie shakes her head a little, "I met him before. I saw him."