XXXIII • BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

thirty-three. by the light of the moon

 by the light of the moon

Gilbert Residence

Elena Gilbert is sitting on her study chair by the desk in her warm bedroom with Bonnie and Minerva. The banshee latter examines at the necessary moonstone, from the witch, in genuine curiosity and she mentioned it, "Hmm. Now that you've got this back, what are you going to do with it?" Is Bonnie really going to de-spell it? Does she actually know how to do it?

"Right now, it's what is binding the sun and the moon curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless." Bonnie explained their main objective in order to stop the sacrifices.

"I see." Minerva nods once in quick understanding, truly impressed by how they got it; of how courageous Jeremy Gilbert was to do it for them both. Therefore, both Bonnie and Elena owe him even though he was so stupid.

"And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful." Elena recalled as she looks back at their new trustworthy friend, "And dangerous. Remember?" Because he can practically murder everyone she has ever loved without a hint of hesitation, for being over one thousand years old as a cruel man. Honestly, she doesn't understand how someone could not feel remorse. How could he murder those innocent people? Her own true ancestors? How could Katherine herself follow in his footsteps? Just because she's a vampire? Although Rosie and Stefan at least show and express emotions.

Minerva looks back up at her with a genuinely innocent look, "Of course I remember. But we don't know that for sure." She shrugs it off before she quickly looks back at their other friend, "But Bonnie, come on, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out." They can't go on with this rescue plan without the good brother involved, they can't just leave him to desiccate in there with his insufferable ex-lover. Although she knows well that the sun and moon curse is more significant than the issue of imprisonment Stefan and Katherine are undergoing now.

"We will." Elena slowly nods for reassurance, feeling in debt and guilty for her ex-boyfriend's imprisonment due to her brother's recklessness.

"Soon. Stefan wants me to focus on this." Bonnie reminded them, referring to the valuable moonstone, "Rosie gave it to me; said she would rather deal with other things rather than doing something which reminds her of him." As in, it gives her the perfect opportunity to get closer to Damon and Rose.

"Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong." Elena shakes her head a little, "He's just like Rosie. Being overprotective, and now look where that's got him. He's in there because of me." Because he was protecting her brother from his selfish ex-girlfriend and she's guilty.