XXIX • MASQUERADE

twenty-nine. masquerade

Salvatore Boarding House

Caroline and Rosie are sitting side by side on the same vintage couch in the excessively spacious parlor room. Damon walks back into the room and gives the latter a crystal glass of fresh blood, which Rosie smiles at, "Here." He actually feels really guilty for what he did in provoking Katherine about what he did to Mason Lockwood, which only ends up with collateral damage and both Rosie and Stefan unfortunately broke up at the end of the day. If only he could just keep his mouth shut and not brag about it to anyone else.

Rosie knows exactly how he feels since he tried several times to apologize ever since that same night after her unfortunate split with his brother. Although she doesn't want to speak about it until she doesn't even want to touch on it because if she does, she would be touching on Katherine. Anything related to her worst enemy would be the last thing she wants. Caroline, however, intends to change that at the start of their early day.

"Thank you." Rosie said, smiling gratefully at her ex-boyfriend's brother. This doesn't mean that she doesn't feel grateful at his attempt to apologize. His nagging guilt must be overwhelming him at this point that he would do just about anything to earn her genuine forgiveness, however long it takes.

"I'm still shaking." Caroline watches closely as the doppelgänger drinks right after her early breakfast at the local Grill this early morning, only to unfortunately find Katherine in the public bathroom, who cornered her.

"You want to share?" Rosie offered, "No, wait, I'm sorry. I don't." She continues to drink the fresh blood in pure euphoria with a relieved smile on her lovely face as she shuts her big doe hazel eyes from watching them.

Stefan steps into the room to join them, concerned, "What happened?"

"Impeccable timing." His ex-girlfriend muttered rather sarcastically, which earns her a truly puzzled look from Stefan himself, who only looks cute.

"Go ahead, tell him. You're going to love this." Damon urged them, smiling.

Rosie spoke up once again, "Not really, so you should just brace yourself." She cheesily sends a wink for her ex-boyfriend, who awkwardly blushes.

Caroline shakes her head a little at this, "I saw Katherine today."

"And there goes my morning ruined." Rosie continues to drink the blood.

Stefan shakes his head a little in denial, frowning skeptically, "Where?" More specifically, what does she want? The moonstone, which is now with them.

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt." She shrugs.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it." Damon asked her rather impatiently.