III • FRIDAY NIGHT BITES

three. friday night bites

Mystic Falls High School

Bonnie and Elena are just arriving, with the former's parked light blue Toyota Prius, outside of the main building of the public school as they are talking, "I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow."

The African-American girl felt slightly surprised when she heard of the news update about her best friend's new relationship with the new guy the previous night; Elena called her immediately when she returned back home from the Boarding House, who sounded certainly happy over the phone. Although happy and surprised that she gets to be the lucky one amongst the rest of other girls who was chosen to be a handsome guy's girlfriend, confusion takes over her subconscious when he would rather choose her instead of someone else much prettier than her — most likely, Minerva.

"You were the one who said to go for it." Elena reminded her with a look.

"Now I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie advised her persistently, even though she feels just as confused and surprised herself over the guy's lady-choice.

"Why the about-face?" The one-year-older brunette mentioned.

"It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." Bonnie told her.

"Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not saying?" Elena persisted stubbornly, knowing significantly well that that girl is so not her; she would consider herself as one of the most popular girls in school just because she's a reliable, trustworthy best friend to the queen bee herself.

Bonnie shakes her head as she avoids her best friend's gaze, "It's stupid."

The Gilbert girl stops in the middle of her forwarding tracks, "Bonnie..."

The Bennett girl stops in her tracks, with a frown, in pursuit of her, "What?"

Elena smiles at her with pure encouragement, "Spit it out."

"I accidentally touched Stefan. And I got a really bad feeling." Bonnie reported. Could it be the witch mojo again? It was a really bad sensation.

The seventeen-year-old junior raises her eyebrows, "Is that it? Bonnie."

Her paranoid best friend almost freaked out in alarm, "It was bad bad!" Now it seems that she's beginning to advise Elena like a protective parent would.

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" Elena brought up in wonder.

"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." Bonnie reported to her protectively.

"And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." Elena nods in reassurance.