XV • A FEW GOOD MEN

fifteen. a few good men

Gilbert Residence

Gilbert Residence

Rosie/Minerva is sitting on the old, squeaky swing on the front porch, her colourful, vibrant Calculus flashcards laid out on her lap in the middle of her advanced senior study session and her cell phone up to her left ear as she leaves Bonnie, who remains grieving for a while now, a quick voicemail. Bonnie Bennett deserves the vacation she requires after what happened to her Grams, Sheila Bennett, after the extremely powerful sealing spell.

"Hey, Bonnie, it's me just checking in, seeing how you're doing. We miss you here. Don't let your aunt drive you too crazy. Call me as soon as you can. Or better yet, come home soon. Love you." Rosie/Minerva hangs up, smiling. Honestly, she wouldn't mind at all if Bonnie would rather stay at her place.

Elena walks out onto the porch and stops to look at her best friend while sipping her hot coffee, smiling, "What are you doing out here? It's cold."

Although, of course she knows cold temperate doesn't bother vampires, who are already technically-deceased to begin with after the temporary one.

"Thinking." Rosie/Minerva simply replied without looking back at her.

"Oh yeah. It seems like you're the only one who would think about, complex Math equations early in the morning. Aren't you tired?" Elena asked.

"No. I'm thinking, the funeral for Bonnie's Grams, it brought back a lot about your parents, doesn't it?" Rosie/Minerva predicted sympathetically; Grayson and Miranda Gilbert who died this previous spring on May 23rd. Speaking of parents, they also haven't figured out who are the birth parents. The closest they can ever get to them is the biological mother — Isobel.

Elena Gilbert tries so hard to forget that horrible day from her subconscious since she is already extremely tired of grieving about her adoptive parents. Although no matter how much she convinces herself that she has moved on, a deep part inside of her senses otherwise. She is never going to stop crying over them. Rosie Kartwright knows that, she absolutely knows the feeling, since she has lost her family as well; not just her family now, but herself too.

"You notice that. Huh." Elena labeled, having found the truth in those words.

"Mhm. I was wondering...in between my study breaks...you said that your aunt would do some digging about them, the adoption." Rosie recalled.

The unfortunately clueless seventeen-year-old nods once, "Right."

"So did she? Dig?" Rosie/Minerva asked, genuinely curious, expecting a yes.