Not Feeling So Hot?

Chapter Three

After talking to Prue about what she thinks that I should do, I went back to Paige's and decided to go shopping for grocery's. Upon entering Sainsbury's, I grabbed a cart and walked through the 'Fruit & Veg' isle. I picked up a bag of potatoes, a bag of carrots, a bag of onions, two packets of baby gem lettuces, a stick of cucumber, a packet of small tomatoes and a packet of big tomatoes.

I, then, went into the 'Bakery' part and picked up a few loafs of bread, then, walked into the 'Meats' section and grabbed some bacon and chicken, then, I collected a few more things, then, went to the checkout.

"That's $85.92, please." The lady said and I worked my card. I took the shopping to my car, then, headed back to Paige's.

3:25pm.

After putting away the grocery's, I went to pick up Sydney and Darcy from school. I parked the car and went to their classroom. They were in the same section, but, Sydney was a year up from Darcy. I got to the teacher and told her who I was picking up. A few minutes later, the girls ran out and hugged my legs.

"Mummy!" Darcy screamed and I kissed her head.

Then, Sydney smiled up at me.

"Mummy, where have you been?" Sydney asked and I sighed sadly, then, pulled the girls to my car.

I strapped the girls in and headed back to Paige's. After heading inside, Ellie ran to the girls and hugged them and Paige came from the living room and cuddled the girls. I went into the kitchen to start dinner.

5:00pm.

"Girls! Dinner's ready!" I called out.

I had cooked chicken, mash potatoes, carrots and gravy. I poured some wine for me and Paige and a little for Ellie. I poured some apple juice for Sydney and Darcy.

8:00pm.

I walked into the girls room and saw them sitting on Darcy's bunk. I walked over to them and kneeled down and felt their heads. My touch quickly withdrew as they were so hot.

"What's wrong, my babies?" I asked and they shook their heads. "Paige!" I called out.

She appeared seconds later and looked concerned when her eyes landed on the girls.

"Not feeling so hot?" She asked and I nodded.

"Can you bring me the thermometer in, please?" I asked and she nodded and appeared a few minutes later with the thermometer and two glasses of water.

She handed the water to the girls and handed me the thermometer. I took Sydney's temperature and nearly fainted. It was 102°c. I, then, took Darcy's and it was 100°c. I turned to a shocked Paige.

"We need to get them to the hospital." I told her.

Here, guys! I wonder what it going to happen to the girls? Thank you all for reading and for the few votes I have received.

Read, vote and comment!

Emma xxx

EDITED!