Any Change?

Chapter Five

One Week Later.

I yawned as I got up from the sofa that I was on. I have been in here with my girls for about a week now. Today was the 2nd of March 2016. The boys had a concert tonight in Canada, which was convenient because after the concert, Harry can visit the girls. Prue had been a little distant over the past week, but, Paige and Ellie haven't left mine or the girls side. The same can be said for Harry. I looked at my watch that displayed the time; 15:16pm. I sighed. Paige will be here soon after she finishes work. Ellie was down in the cafeteria getting coffee's. The door opened and Paige walked in with Ellie behind her, carrying three coffee's in a four cup cardboard holder.

"Any change?" Paige asked and I looked to the girls, sleeping.

"The doctor will be here in about an hour to tell us how they are getting on." I explained and she nodded.

Ellie handed me and Paige a coffee and I thanked her, then, sat myself back down on the sofa. I got my phone out of my pocket to see that I had a message from Louis. I sighed and opened the message.

Hey, Sis, any change?

Lou xxx

Tears filled my eyes as I texted back.

Hey, Lou, no change yet. How is everyone?

Piper xxx

I locked my phone and sat it down on the table. I smiled as I saw Paige asleep next to me and Ellie on her phone. Paige has been great, she has been getting up at six am, then, going to work, leaving at two pm and coming to the hospital and staying to ten pm, then, going home. Ellie has been amazing, too. She has been waking up at nine am, going to collage, leaving at twelve thirty pm, coming here, then, leaving with Paige at ten pm. Harry has been here for a few days, too.

"Mummy." A heard a little voice and looked up to see Sydney looking at me.

I rushed to her side and felt her head. She was hot again. She was pointing to the cold water jug and I poured her a cup of water and helped her drink it. I, then, poured a cup for Darcy and placed it on the table connected to her bed, then, sat back down on the sofa.

5:00pm.

"Miss Turner." I heard and I opened my eyes to see the doctor standing above me.

I shook Paige awake and noticed that Ellie wasn't in the room. We both stood up as he checked the girls drips.

"Well, there is good news and bad news. Good news is that they are making great progress. Bad news; not as good of progress as I was expecting." He said and I nodded.

"So, what does that mean?" I said and he sighed.

"It means that if we can't bring down the fever that they both have. We will need to put them into a temporary coma until their bodies heal and the fever goes down." He said and I collapsed onto the floor.

11:01pm.

"Piper? Can you hear me? Are you okay? It's Harry." I heard and opened my eyes.

"Harry, the girls..." I said and he shook his head.

"I know. Piper, you have been asleep for hours and they couldn't bring the fever's down, so, they had to... They had to put our girls into a coma." He said and I broke down. A coma? How can our little girls survive a coma?

Here, guys! What do you think of this chapter? Can I please start getting some more read and votes please? Or even the odd comment, thanks.

Read, vote and comment!

Emma xxx

EDITED!