Empty.

Chapter Forty Two

The Next Day.

The only thing that I could hear was the ticking of the clock as I lay in the uncomfortable hospital bed. Harry was sat on a chair next to my bed, staring at the floor. Our cheeks were stained with tears, eyes red and puffy, but, we couldn't find the words to say to each other. A few hours prior, a baby started to cry, meaning that it was brought into the world while ours was snatched away from us.

The same doctor came into the room to check my blood pressure and drip. I stayed frozen as he does his job. Louis appeared in my sight as he handed me a very hot cup of coffee. I held it in my hand as the pain felt good. The doctor finished up and left as my hand started to burn. Louis turned in shock as he saw my hand and rushed over to me.

"Piper! That cup is hot! Give me it." He said and took it from my hands as Harry looked up at me.

He sighed and stood up before walking over to my bed. My back was not fractured like the doctor had said, just inflamed. Harry laid down next to me and I leaned my head onto his chest as I closed my eyes. I, then, remembered something, making me open them again.

"The girls?" I asked Harry and he sighed once again and brought his arm around my waist.

"Lou and El's." He said and I, again, closed my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

Harry's POV.

I watched Piper sleep as I hugged her tight. I just keep replaying over in my mind that if I didn't go to Niall's or didn't refuse to come home for dinner, then, our baby would still be alive. I feel so empty as I hold Piper and not feel her slightly swollen stomach. At least she is finally sleeping. I looked over at Louis, who was texting on his phone. He, then, looked up as if he knew that I was looking at him.

"You alright, mate?" He asked me and I shook my head no.

He nodded and stayed silent after that. We were supposed to be going on a six month tour around America next week. I was going to tell Piper tomorrow, but, how can I leave her after she lost our baby? Unless we take her with us? I will have to ask Paul. That way, I can look after her and the girls. I closed my eyes as Louis left the room to take a call and fell asleep.

"Harry? Sweetie, wake up." I heard faintly and opened my eyes and saw my Mum.

I carefully removed myself from Piper and hugged my Mum as I sobbed into her shoulder. She calmed me down as she rubbed circles onto my back. Louis was back sitting on the chair across the room and Piper was still sleeping. I looked back to my Mum and saw pity in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Harry." She said as tears filled her eyes.

I hugged her back tightly as we cried. Louis cleared his throat and I looked to where he was looking and saw Phoebe standing by the door with Niall. I frowned and pulled away from Mum as I stared at them.

"What are YOU doing here?!" I asked Phoebe and she sighed as Niall stepped forward.

"I know that you probably don't wanna hear this right now, mate, but... We have talked everything over and we are keeping the baby." Niall said and I didn't feel any emotion when he said baby.

I just felt empty.

Piper's POV.

I awoke to see Harry and Anne standing next to my bed, Louis sitting on a chair across the room and Phoebe and Niall standing by the door, holding hands?

"What is going on?" I asked and everyone turned to me.

Here, guys!

Read, vote and comment!

Emma xxx

EDITED!