Chapter 1: Devolve

London was on the floor a grumpy look on his face, you might ask yourself, why is London so grumpy? Moonlake was on top of him licking his face affectionately, because he was an Eevee, his legs were shorter and he could not run as fast as he used to, however, the younger four-year-old Moonlake was used to running with shorter legs, hence why London found himself in this predicament. The Eevee wrapped his arms around him and pulled him in for a hug.

"Can you let go of me now?" The red-eyed Eevee asked.

Moonlake sighed and nuzzled his face, "I love you"

London blushed because he knew Moonlake loved loved him and it made for a very awkward relationship between the two.

"So London, how long will you stay an Eevee," Moonlake asked, his cheek pressed on his.

London blushed, "I don't know... Why?"

"I love you like this" Moonlake replied, licking his cheek.

London sighed, Tatyana, a Russian Vulpix was gathering her things. Just before she left she looked back at the younger Eevee holding onto the other Eevee, she could not help but laugh a little. Moonlake saw her leaving and waved before starting to rub cheeks with the older Eevee.

"Let go" London commanded grumpily.

"No" Moonlake replied, hugging him tighter

London's eyes turned orange, "Get off!"

Moonlake saw he was no longer in the mood so he let go before he got him any more upset.

"Why are you so moody?" Moonlake asked, concerned for the emotions of his caretaker.

London took a deep breath, he still remembered that moment when he was still a Flareon and he had ripped Demitriyev open. But that wasn't the thing bothering him, the dreams he had were also pretty odd, he kept seeing himself as an Eevee... Except when he looked at the Eevee it was him when he was around seven years old... He was a Flareon in a field of tall grass and before he could even speak the Eevee would jump onto him and give him a French kiss... The dream repeated twice and there would be flashes of an Eevee running down a road somewhere in Asia. London began to wonder why he was seeing these things in his sleep.

Moonlake interrupted his thoughts...

"Hey!"

London looked over at him, an unsure look in his eye.

"Um, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I get it if you were -"

London suddenly hugged him, Moonlake froze in place, Moonlake's eyes turned pink and he blushed, "I'm sorry for shouting at you, I think I need to go on a walk"

"Whoa! Hold on! Kovar told me to keep you here, you need to rest" Moonlake replied.

"Well Kovar doesn't know how fast I can recover from wounds and stuff, so I'm fine Moony... Trust me"

London let go of Moonlake and went to put on his shoes, Moonlake stood there for a moment and watched as he put on his shoes and a light coat. Moonlake decided to let London have his walk but he was coming with him... While outside, he took the time to talk to Moonlake.

"So what's changed?" London asked.

"Well MI5 was impressed with you able to take down Demitriyev... So they agreed to promote you to Captain - tee hee ~, congratulations! Oh, I kinda got promoted to Sergeant for stopping terrorists that were going to execute every member of parliament if the UK did not pull it's troops from the Middle East" Moonlake explained.

"Oh boy, I wonder how the soldiers would react" London replied, trying not to snicker.

"I'm much more strict than you you think I am" Moonlake replied crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry! But really you were so unsure about the youth academy, but now look at you! Your telling adult Pokémon what the scoop is Moonlake, not to mention your the youngest military leader ever!" London replied.

Moonlake smiled, "Mm, I guess it's an accomplishment if you call it one"

Before they could continue, Moonlake spotted something... Rather somemon moving toward them. Moonlake reached in his pocket for his Walther but London put his paw on his. When the Pokémon was close enough, it turned out to be a silver shimmering Eevee with orange eyes, it was wearing ripped up clothes and it had a tattoo of a katana on its wrist, London and Moonlake watched as the shaking Eevee slowly shuffled toward them, breathing raggedly, Moonlake looked down to see the Eevee had been shot and it was covering its wound with its blood-covered paw, there were bruises all over its face, legs and arms and probably under the ripped up shirt too.

"Arceus christ" Moonlake whispered.

Suddenly the Eevee collapsed, London quickly caught him in his arms.

"Oh shit! He's been shot" Moonlake whisper shouted.

"Let's get him back to the house... Quickly!" London shouted as he held him like a bride.

They didn't know it but at that moment... London's new assignment had literally walked up to him.