Chapter 6: War Set

London returned home early, he just finished up on the Waterloo & City line and was just setting his equipment bag down when he saw Moonlake and his friends staring at the telly.

"Um guys, are you -"

"Shhhhhhh!" Devon shushed aggressively.

"Well that was -" London started.

The Eevee then saw they were watching the news and there was a live reporter in Washington DC. London didn't know what was going on so he decided to sit down with the other Eevees and Growlithe and listen to what they were talking about.

"... We are just getting word that the terrorist Pokémon have come up with their terms, they say... Britain is to give up its government and its overseas territories, and if the UK does not cooperate, they will invade the country..." The Braxien explained looking up from the iPad and at the camera.

London's eye twitched, Moonlake looked over at London, the Eevee was obviously concerned about the outcome of both countries, the US is the most powerful country after all.

"Wh-What is this bloke after?" Quinn asked, sweating nervously.

"He wants to erase Britain from history" London muttered to himself.

"I'm to young to die!" Nigel yelled in a dramatic fashion.

"I just began dating Dauphine" Devon whimpered nervously. He was clearly worried about her.

"... Now these demands come in awakening of the Split States of America disbanding into the Northern original American government, the Playfeld Region which continues to use traditional American laws. Then we have the Surren Region which is apperantly bent on invading quote "all countries of the world" end quote. President Lundhaven is currently being held hostage as we speak..."
(Red is the Surren ; Blue is the Playfeld ; Orange is the Neutral Zone)

"(Red is the Surren ; Blue is the Playfeld ; Orange is the Neutral Zone)

"... New York has become the capital of the Playfeld Region and Las Vegas has become the capital of the Surren Region. The president is former US special forces agent Tristan Paine. I have also just received word Paine has taken over the US military, there is no doubt we will be looking at World War III ladies and gentlemen..."

At that point London's head began spinning, he couldn't believe what was going on, the US of all countries, split into two, what was going to happen if Surren suddenly came out on top? It surely would not mean good things for rest of the world, that was for sure. London turned the telly off.

"Hey!" The boys shouted, irritated with London for powering off the television.

"That's enough... I have to go get the groceries, find something to keep yourselves occupied" The Eevee said, scratching the back of his ear, Moonlake's ears perked up, Omar tilted his head to one side.

"I'm gonna go with him" Moonlake said with a smile, he kissed Omar on the cheek and went over to London who was getting his coat on.

"Huh?" Omar said to himself, wandering why Moonlake perked his ears.

Once the two were out the door, Omar struck up a conversation with the others who were debating whether to turn on the telly or not.

"Guys call me crazy but I think I saw Moonlake's ears perk up when London called him" Omar said, sounding unsure about the safety of his boyfriend.

"Crazy" Nigel said, crossing his arms.

"He's fine O, relax!" Quinn said, then he finally came up with something for them all to do in the meantime.

Omar whimpered nervously to himself. What was going to happen to Moonlake? Would he be killed? Was he part of some secret society? Was he a sacrificial lamb? Whatever It was Omar, he couldn't wait to learn what it was, he got his coat and shoes and ran out after him.

"Hey! Where are you going!?" Devon shouted, surprised to see him run out the door.

Omar didn't reply, he slammed the door and turned to see London and Moonlake and the end of the block walking toward the tube station.

"I got to hand it to you, you are pretty good at understanding hidden signals" London said to Moonlake.

"Heh, I guess that means I'm a better spy" Moonlake whispered back.

"Yep you sure are" London replied, rubbing his head.

Omar followed them down to MI6 headquarters, once they were inside Omar was immediately confused as to where they went, and where he was. The Eevee sighed, and sat against the bridge cold and tired, he watched the cars and buses pass by as he wondered what Moonlake could possibly be doing. Then he noticed something in one of the windows in MI6 headquarters... Moonlake, looking at the board, sitting in one of the chairs in the situation room at MI6, his eyes went wide, Omar knew this could mean one thing - his boyfriend was a spy.

Meanwhile in the building, the generals were talking among each other of the issues present in America. Then Kovar came in and the room fell silent. London was standing next to him, the Eevee holding the remote controlling the slides for the presentation.

"Now!... As we are all aware, the situation in the United States - well the Split States - is becoming a problem. Playfeld United States is our ally, Surren United States is our enemy, one that must not be aloud to prevail. Because if they do... England and her allies will cease to exist" Kovar explained.

"Now, it looks like we will have no choice but to strengthen exports to Playfeld US... If the situation does not die down in two days... We will have to invade the United States and assist Playfeld America in reuniting the country, because once again if we don't... Well, it won't end well for us. The whole of the US military is under Surren America's control, soldiers and high ranks who resisted Paine were either executed or have fled to Playfeld America. Thankfully our good friend, General Lucas Greene escaped to New York City. As you all know the president is being held in Surren America, England's first objective will be to retrieve the president from his captors and bring him to New York City. The CIA which is now headquartered in New York City will be supporting us as we initiate the raid" London explained, scrolling through the slides as he explained to the generals the situation.

"The first troop ships will be sent to New York City on Wednesday. Captain Winters will be commanding the British initiative in the US, That will be all for now" Kovar said.

Eventually the generals slowly left the room, some of the Pokémon continued to chat amongst themselves.

"Wednesday?" Moonlake whimpered nervously, the Eevee adjusting the tie on his junior agent uniform.

"Yeah... Are you gonna be worried?" London asked, putting his paw on his shoulder.

Moonlake blushed, "Y-Yeah, what if you get killed -"

London giggled a little and bought him close for a hug, Moonlake took a moment but he embraced his crush back, "Just come back to me in one piece"

"I promise Moony... I will" London replied, then he led Moonlake out of the room and toward the lift.

Once Omar lost sight of them. He began running back to the tube, a lot of thoughts were running through the Eevee's head as he rode the train back to London's house in Fitzrovia. Why were London and Moonlake at MI6 headquarters? Was Moonlake a spy? Why was he a spy? More importantly... Was it safe to be around the two?

One thing was for sure, war had started, but will the actions of the world be able to unify a country once again? Or will it be enough to completely destroy it.