Chapter 29: Cloak And Fire

"When did I tell you that you could return to field duty?" Greene said, pinching his nose

Luke was sitting at the desk, arms crossed no emotion on his face at all.

"Sir, with all due respect, I really don't like being held back from the action -"

"Luke! You were supposed to be healing!" Greene said, "How did you even get on the helicopter?"

"I was in the cargo hold" Luke replied.

Greene slammed his head on the desk, and then slowly lifted it back up, "Your back on field duty... Oh and don't ever do that again or I will have you sent to Europe until you recover"

"Thank You sir" Luke replied.

"You're dismissed... This kid, what am I gonna do with him?" Greene muttered.

Luke got up and left the room, Delevio was outside leaning on her McLaren, "How'd it go?"

"He's not happy... But I really don't care" Luke replied, "Skittles?" He asked before popping some in his mouth.

"Sure... I'm kinda hungry anyway" Delevio replied.

"Where's London?" Luke asked.

"In the UK... He has friends there" Delevio replied.

The two got in the car and Delevio drove back up town to her apartment, when they arrived upstairs they showered and got in bed, before they went to sleep, Delevio had a question for Luke...

"Your mom told me she made a bracelet for you out of the gems she used... Is that why you were so... Um... Agile?" Delevio asked.

Luke nodded, "Yeah... My birthday is February 12, and my mom wants to test the bracelets on Lucario subjects, before you say anything, I did agree to this"

"Okay - Whoa! The 12th?! That's so soon! Come on, let's throw a party -"

Luke started sweating, "Um I'm not a party Pokémon... Like at all"

"... , Luke come on -"

"Delevio if you do something, I just want it between me and you... Okay?" Luke said.

Delevio was going to start arguing with him but saw no use in doing so so she closed her mouth, "Fine, your no fun"

"I know"

Delevio facepawed, "Good night"

"Night"

Delevio turned off the lamp and rolled over. The two both slept peacefully, that is until Luke started having nightmares, the Lucario was rolling around the bed agitated...

All he saw was fire, destroyed buildings and corpses of Playfeld soldiers, he pushed through the rebel and saw a Glaceon lying on the ground, a bullet wound in her stomach, Luke ran over hoping it was not who he thought it was. Unfortunately, it  was Delevio, she was unmoving still and much more colder. He felt his paws shaking so he set her down on the floor and backed away, "No No, th-this isn't happening"

He saw the bodies of Greene, Rico, his friends from high school, his mum, London, Tatyana, anyone he knew well was around him lying dead on the floor, either shot or burnt by explosions, he felt his head spinning, "No! No! -"

He looked behind him and saw Paine, the Zoroark in a suit, as huge as the World Trade Centre smiling wickedly down on the Lucario, "Oh Lukarin... You picked the wrong side"

"I'll make you pay for this!" Luke shouted.

"Oh will you? I'm so scared" Paine replied, then evil ghoulish laughter echoed across the place as Paine reached out to grab Luke, who tried to run, but before the paw could grab him, the dream ended.

"Ahh!" He shouted.

Delevio immediately turned to see the Lucario sweating, hyperventilating, and looking out the window.

"Luke, are you okay?" She asked.

Luke grabbed Delevio and squeezed her, the Glaceon was surprised by this, but hugged him back, "Di-Did you have a nightmare?"

Luke looked down at the floor, then back at her, "Something much worse, something I hope never happens"

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Delevio asked.

Luke wiped his forehead, and looked down at her, "Yes, yes I would"