Chapter 25: Pushing Past The Pain

Delevio arrived at the millitary hospital in Brooklyn to see how Luke was doing. Giuseppe was sent to a maximum security prison off the coast of New York so this way the Surren couldn't break him out, because well... It's an underwater prison.

When Delevio emerged at the doorway, she dropped the bag of lunch she was carrying for Luke, why? The Lucario was doing push ups, while still injured as proof of why the white bandaging was still wrapped around his stomach area...

"What the fuck are you doing!?" She shouted.

Luke stopped when he saw her, then he continued.

"Luke! Stop your making it worse!" Delevio said.

"Sometimes - you just have to push your limits - even I know that!" Luke said, grunting as he continued to do push ups.

Delevio groaned and picked him up, Luke was surprised, "How in? -"

"It's part of the training you should know that" Delevio replied, she laid him gently on the hospital bed and picked up the bag, "Here's ya lunch"

Luke took the bag, "Thanks"

"I'm gonna get you a newspaper, I'll be back" Delevio said, giving him a kiss.

Luke unwrapped the sandwich and started eating it. Delevio got the newspaper and arrived back to Luke's hospital room and saw the Lucario was doing sits ups (which are worse for if you have a stomach injury lmao), Delevio facepawed.

"Seriously?! Come on Luke" Delevio said, annoyed, "You took a shotgun round to the stomach, you should be in bed resting"

"Nope - I'm stronger than that" Luke replied, the Lucario continued to do his sit ups.

"Luke come on, get back in bed, your hurting yourself" Delevio said.

"Nope" Luke grunted as he continued to do his sit ups, counting quietly to himself as kept going, he was on

She noticed he finished the sandwich she made him and the berry punch as well. The Glaceon sat on the chair next to his stretcher and sighed as she watched her boyfriend continue to hurt himself and exercised at the same time.

"What the hell am I gonna do with you?" Delevio said to herself, her paw on her face as she watched him continue.