Chapter 11: Attack

London, Benoit and Tokyo left for New York two days later, London was trying to leave the house that day but Moonlake was cinched onto his leg and refusing to let go, he would miss London very much so he held on as tight as he could.

"Moonlake! Let go!" London wailed.

"N-No! London that was too short of a stay! Come on! Hang around your boyo for a little longer!" Moonlake implored.

"Moonlake! You have to go to school and I have to help the Playfeld glue back their country!" London answered, the Eevee was still refusing to let go of the other Eevee.

The cab driver at the gate was being composed, waiting for London to get free of Moonlake so he could take him to the airport. Benoit was trying not to giggle as he sat in the cab waiting for London to get inside. Omar was walking by when he noticed the commotion and decided to see what was going on.

"Hey, what's the bother?" Omar asked, holding a bag of groceries.

"I have to work abroad and Moonlake won't let go of my foot! Please help me!" London pleaded, Moonlake whimpered worriedly as he held onto London's foot.

"¡Hey, va a estar bien! No tienes que preocuparte por él, ¡él puede cuidarse solo! (Hey, He's gonna be alright! You don't have to worry about him, he can take care of himself!)" Omar explained in Spanish.

"¿Y si no regresa? (And what if he doesn't come back?)" Moonlake whimpered.

Omar was surprised to hear him reply to that in Spanish.

"Moonlake I can handle myself! You don't have to fret! I'll be okay!" London replied, trying to force the extra load off his leg.

Moonlake rubbed his face on London's leg, London sighed heavily, "Okay... Moonlake the next time I come back I'll stay for a month, how's that?"

Moonlake's eyes lit up, "Promise?"

London smiled and rubbed his little head, "Promise"

Moonlake finally released his leg, London hugged him and then got in the cab with Benoit and Tokyo. Once the cab pulled away, Omar set the groceries he was carrying inside, he sat down next to Moonlake and sighed, "Oh Dios mío, what am I gonna do with you?"

"You can't blame me for loving him Omar, his heart is always in the right place... Just like your's" Moonlake replied, blushing like a strawberry.

Omar blushed too, "Aww thanks!"

"Don't mention it!" Moonlake replied, then he set his head on his boyfriend's shoulder and looked up at the sky with him.

Meanwhile, on the plane back to New York City, London was hit by a rather odd question from the French Eevee...

"D-Do you wanna go on a date?" Benoit asked, poking his fingers

London tilted his head to one side, "Why do you ask that?

"I-I just think it would be nice if I got to bloom some romance with you... I-I do love you after all" Benoit replied, blushing a little.

London blushed too, "I-I'll think about it"

Benoit squealed, "Evui Evui! - Evui Evui! That's good enough for me!"

"Mmf" London moaned as Benoit rubbed his face on his in a friendly way. Tokyo rolled his eyes, "Blegh!"

A few hours later, they touched down at JFK while on the way to the Air Train, London heard gunfire, at first he didn't think much of it he thought it was something watching a film on their phone, but when he saw Pokémon running trying to get away from the commotion, he drew his Glock.

"Stay here!" London shouted, some British soldiers ran up to London to meet him.

"Sir the Surren are attacking the Airport, were awaiting you're orders..." A Riachu said in a Scottish accent.

"Follow my lead, the rest of you lot get the civilians to safety and protect them!" London commanded.

Benoit looked at London with nervous eyes, "Stay safe alright?"

London smiled, "I will - now go!"

A soldier scooped up Tokyo and Benoit, along with their bags and ran with them to the outside of the airport.

"When you see the bastard's shoot them!" London commanded.

"Yes sir!" The British soldiers replied.

With that they began running down the hallway until the came in contact. With the Surren soldiers and started shooting them up, there were 90 of them so far 38 were taken down in the gunfire laying with the innocent civilians lying on the ground injured or dead. Eventually when they were down to 10 men they tried to retreat but a large white Mercedes Sprinter pulled up and revealed ten Playfeld American soldiers aiming their weapons at them, the NYPD arrived as well.

"Drop your weapons! You are under arrest!" Greene shouted from the loudspeaker on a hovering helicopter, "Terrorism is not tolerated here!"

Slowly the Surren soldiers lowered their weapons and got on their knees, London noticed a Flareon among them, crying and shaking wildly, it reminded him of when he was a Flareon almost, but the disturbing part was he looked to be his age, he slowly moved toward him and kicked his weapon away, "Let this one go"

"What! Why?" A Playfeld soldiers asked.

"He's my age" London replied, then he helped the Flareon up, he wiped his face.

"So now their drafting teens into the millitary? You went went voluntarily but this is sick" Greene commented, crossing his arms.

"If we give you somewhere safe to stay, you'll owe us a little something" London said, crossing his arms, "Understood?"

He nodded.

Some of the other Surren soldiers were pretty upset at what was going on, some were muttering nasty things about him. London's eyes turned orange and he began choking all of them with the tentacles coming out of his mane.

"Disrespect will not be tolerated either!" London hissed, "You will be held on Rikers Island until it's time for your execution!"

*No seriously, the penalty for terrorism in America is death.

"Take him to a police precinct, if he gives any intel on the drafting process or anything else, let him seek refuge here" London said, the Eevee.

"The rest of you are heading to Rikers, and unless you have any information, your getting death penalty" Greene added, then he signalled for the British soldiers to come and escort them into the prison van, the police closed off Terminal 7 to investigate what happend, treat the Pokémon who had been shot, and take the injured to the hospital, and clean up the bodies.

In the end, the JFK massacre as it was called resulted in 95 fatalities, 108 people injured and a lot of bullet riddled walls and blood covered areas.

At the Air Train station, Benoit waited nervously for London to return, the Eevee was anxious and scared, was he dead? Was he hurt? Did his mess up?

London was totally fine, he squeezed his way through the ground, when Benoit saw him he got up and tackle hugged him,"Oof! Heheheh I see you were worried about me!"

"Of course I was! Dieu merci, tu vas bien!" Benoit squealed.

"Come on! Let's go home!" London said, scooping a cranky Tokyo up from the floor.

The two headed home, while on the A train, London thought about Benoit's request... He decided to think it over some more, but did he really like him? Or was something reconstructing inside of him.