Chapter 40: Carving Colorado

London, Delevio, Rico, and Isabel arrived in Denver which was currently in the midst of one of the most chaotic battles of the war. Isabel saw a Surren plane that had plunged into a building and was still burning, Pokémon were running around carrying injured soldiers and laying the dead ones in body bags and covering them with the American flag. Tatyana who was on London's back noticed the American captain running up to him.

"There you are! Arceus, it's worse than the Western front out there" The Ursaring said.

"How many dead?" Delevio asked.

"6,000 and counting... Where are the British?" The Ursaring replied.

"The British and the French are fighting the Surren navy and most of them are up toward the north of the country" London replied.

"Gah, if this keeps up, the Surren will be able to push us back" The Ursaring said.

"Where are they now?" London asked.

"To the west. Soldiers from the Surren are constently coming to enforce the push and it's weakening us severely"

Delevio thought for a moment about how to deal with the Surren army, "How many troops do ya got?"

"Um about around 8,000" The Ursaring replied.

"Hmm, I have a plan -" Delevio said.

The Surren soldiers outside kept up the push to win the city from the Playfeld Americans, suddenly the fire on the Playfeld side stopped.

"Hold your fire!" The Captain shouted, he smirked, "I didn't expect them to give up that easily"

"Uh sir, I've seen this stuff in the movies, something bad is definitely gonna happen" A Braxien looking around said.

"Henson... You worry too much" The Captain replied.

Meanwhile, Delevio and London bought some soldiers around while Isabel and Rico bought another group around behind the hills, the Surren soldiers which were spread out looking around were starting to get anxious, at this point the captain was starting to get nervous as well.

"London, Delevio, we are in position" Rico whispered to his phone.

"Got it" London whispered back, he turned to Delevio, "This better work"

"It will, trust me" Delevio whispered back.

London raised his paw slowly and gave the command to kill the captain.

Rico crawled up to a bush and aimed at the captain's hat. The Pokémon was nervous, holding his M4 tightly.

Rico took a breath and with out a second thought, shot him in the head, the Surren soldiers started panicking, that's when London and Delevio's team rose from the bushes and opened fire on them, they all started flopping like fish, more Surren soldiers came from the bushes, fatal mistake, Rico and Isabel's group rose from the bushes and started shooting the reinforcements, there was a rumble and suddenly a hole opened up between the chaos, Tatyana with her large sword and a wicked smile started slicing the Surren soldiers down. Finally only one remained, Henson. He set his gun down slowly and tossed his side arm onto the damp grass. A soldier slowly moved toward him and patted him down before arresting him.

"Told ya it would work" Delevio said.

"Sure" London replied, rolling his eyes, he could tell she was trying to brag.

"I'm surprised we even pulled that off" Isabel said.

Tatyana collapsed her sword and gave London a hug. London rubbed her head.

"Now I guess we can continue our offensive. This is worth celebrating!" Isabel said.

"Yeah! Who's up for a pie? I know somemon around here who makes the best!" Tatyana asked.

"Me!" Everymon shouted.

Following the defeat and withdrawal big the Surren defensive, the Playfeld started to get closer to Las Vegas, the capital of the Surren US. But would it be smooth sailing? Or a rocky road?