Chapter 49: Illumination

Isabel, London, Delevio and Luke left for Ireland the next day leaving Rico to tend to their children while they were away, while on the ferry to Dublin, Isabel wondered about her friend and how much of his mind he was losing dealing with the children.

"Are you sure Rico is going to be okay?" Isabel asked, concerned about her friend's sanity.

"Don't worry, he'll be okay" Luke said, trying not to laugh.

- - -

Rico was hiding in London's closet, the children were trying to make him a Mudsdale and ride on his back, as long as he was watching the children though, Luke would let him keep the money for the guitar he wanted so badly.

Then he felt somemon knock on the closet, he peeked outside and saw Moonlake pointing a Walther at him.

"The bloody hell are you doing here?" The Eevee asked.

"Hiding from those little monsters, they can't help but just pull on me and bite me it hurts. Also, I know London, why else would I be here?" Rico replied.

Moonlake the remembered who he was, "Ohhh, your that pink Lucario's boyfriend"

He lowered his gun, "Sorry, while the war in the US was going, I had to kill a burglar with a knife"

"There he is!" Tyler shouted suddenly.

"Get him!" Gab shouted.

"Ahhhh!" Rico shouted as the children launched themselves at him and started playing with him, Moonlake was dumbfounded, "What just happened?"

"My brother - ow! - left me - Quit it - for dead, ow! that's what happened" Rico said.

Then Moonlake thought of a solution to end Rico's misery, "I have an idea"

- - -

Ireland

"You're gonna wait?" London asked.

Luke nodded, "Believe me, taking things slowly would be the best approach"

Everymon in the hotel room looked at each other, " That's the most interesting thing I've ever heard you say"

"Are you sure?" Delevio said.

The Lucario nodded, "I'm gonna go, I have a friend who lives nearby"

"Have fun!" London said.

Delevio and Luke arrived at the house and spent time with a friend Luke had in Afghanistan. They spent most of the day talking and eating and catching up with each other. Later while at the park eating some soup, Luke and Delevio had a moment to talk.

"I've been thinking about moving out of our place in New York," Delevio said.

"Aw, I like that area" Luke replied.

"That apartment is getting small, especially because we have the kids now. I found a nice place in Queens for us to live in, bigger rooms, flatscreen tv, a small place for the kids to play in the basement, an office for you to play your video games in I guess, and a vault to store our weapons, its well within my budget too" Delevio replied.

"And the area?" Luke asked.

Delevio rolled her eyes, "Yes, it has plenty of restaurants too"

"Where is this place anyway?" Luke questioned.

"Hollis" Delevio replied.

"Uh Uh, no subway service" Luke replied.

"The Long Island Railway stops there" Delevio replied.

"Too expensive," Luke said back.

"Oh come on! Luke give it a chance" Delevio pleaded.

"No" Luke replied, "That area is boring anyway"

"I'll do anything" Delevio replied.

"Anything?" Luke replied, raising an eyebrow, "Still no"

Delevio took a deep breath, she was hoping to not have to say what she was about to say, "I'll buy you a car"

"What kind of car? Borrowing your McLaren is already pretty cool, and you bought me an AMG, didn't you?" Luke replied.

"Lamborghini Aventador" Delevio replied.

Luke pictured himself making Rico jealous with the car; he also thought about how helpful the car would be if he was somehow needed to chase down a target or a package

Luke pictured himself making Rico jealous with the car; he also thought about how helpful the car would be if he was somehow needed to chase down a target or a package. It was faster than the AMG and a little lighter too.

"Does the place have a garage?" Luke asked.

"Yes, I mean why would you leave a McLaren out in the open for someone to steal"  Delevio replied.

Luke sighed, "Okay, fines we'll move"

"Thank You" Delevio replied, she noticed a Zoroark sitting at the next bench, he was wearing a hat that shaded his face and a grey coat.

"What are you looking at -"

Luke put his paw on his gun and slowly got up walking toward the Zoroark who sighed and looked up at Luke with a smirk, "Good evening Luke, I never thought you'd find me you know that?"

"Luke? Is that -" Delevio started.

"Yes, it's Paine" Luke replied.

"Lovely day in the park is it now?" Paine said the Zoroark took off his hat and set it on the bench.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't shoot you right here" Luke growled.

"And provoke an international incident? I think you're smarter than that" Tristan replied, "You know I saw you and your girl there and thought why don't I say hi, have a talk, you know something normal -"

Luke started laughing quietly as he looked down at the floor, "You know, I thought about just giving you a little longer to breathe and enjoy my life, who knows, I might have even forgotten about you too... But now that you're here, I'd as might as well kill you myself you fucking prick"

Luke loaded his pistol and aimed it at him.

Tristan smirked, pulled out a pistol too and aimed it at the Lucario, "I'd like to see you try"

Delevio bit her lip, "Shit" she whispered.