Chapter 4: Dream

While sleeping in his room Moonlake lay still in his bed sleeping peacefully. The Eevee was dreaming about a field, the grass green and untouched. Across the field was a dark forest, the Eevee decided to go into the forest and in front of him a a black crystal gate. When he approached the gate he had a major headache, one so bad he could not stand. He was hearing voices in Japanese some then lastly.

A snarl...

He screams...

Moonlake sat up in bed, hyperventilating, sweat dripping from his fur.

"The fuck was that?" He said to himself.

He looked down at his glowing necklace for a moment, could that have altered his dream? Moonlake decided to talk to his mum about it after school, while Omar stayed downstairs and did his homework with his friends.

"Konnichiwa Moonlake! What do you need?" Spark asked.

"Mum... My necklace, it - it altered my dreams" Moonlake explained.

Spark's smile disappeared, "What? - How"

"I wandered into a forest and I just saw this gate and when I got close to it... My head felt like it was going to explode, I heard voices in my head, they were in Japanese... Is - Is this supposed to happen?"

Spark was silent for a moment, "No"

Moonlake began to get nervous, his left eye pink and right one yellow, signifying he was in distress, "A-Am I gonna transform or something? Wh-What if I hurt my friends? What if I-I kill someone -"

"Moonlake!"

" - Ohhh, what if I destroy the city? Will I be shipped to Area 51? - W-Will I accidentally kill London!?" The Eevee went on rambling nervously. Spark was getting irritated, her eyes turned red and she began growling...

"Ochitsuite kudasai(Calm Yourself Down Now!)" Spark shouted.

Moonlake froze and straightened himself, Sparks eyes went back to Carribbean blue the Flareon sighed and looked back at her son's face on the computer screen.

"One, I think I'll have to ask London to hire a therapist to counsel you if you don't learn to manage your stress... Two, I'll look into it"

Moonlake calmed down and managed to smile at his mother, she smiled back.

"I don't need a therapist by the way" Moonlake replied crossing his arms and looking at his mum as if she lost her marbles.

"So no baai wa, sutoresu o kanri shite kudasai (If that is the case, manage your stress). Anyway I have to get ready for work, I'll see you soon, Chīsana manchikan! (Little Munchkin!)"

Moonlake blushed in embarrassment, "M-Mum! My friends are hear that's embarrassing!"

Spark laughed a little to herself and hung up the call. Moonlake closed the laptop and was about to get up until he saw Omar which made him about and jump, Omar laughed a little.

"With stealth like that, you'd be suited as an Umbreon" Moonlake said, annoyed with him arriving unannounced.

"Siempre pensé que eras ruidosa mi amor! Hahaha!" Then the Eevee sighed.

Moonlake noticed something on his face, something he never noticed before, he smiled knowing exactly how to get him back for sneaking up on him.

"Is that fwekle?" Moonlake asked.

Omar froze, his eye twitched, "Gah!? What!? I don't have any freckles!"

"Oh really, I had a very interesting talk with your mum, she said Jose has freckles too" Moonlake replied, snickering.

"Gah no! Embarrassing!" Omar yelped in embarrassment.

"Pretty cute if you ask me" Moonlake said, rubbing his shoulder.

"I'm supposed to be tough! Not cute!" Omar replied, blushing in embarrassment.

Then Omar noticed Moonlake's goofy smile and the laughter about to overflow from him. He growled in an irritated manner as Moonlake began laughing hard at how good he fell for the joke.

"Oh my god! Don't freak me out like that!" Omar yelled, punching his arm repeatedly.

"But seriously I saw like a few on your nose" Moonlake replied, all seriousness included.

Omar froze, he pupils dilated in fear, "Estoy condenado (I'm doomed)"

Then the Eevee fell to floor dramatically, Moonlake sighed but managed a smile and hot pink eyes, he helped Omar up and kissed his cheek. Omar looked at him surprised by the kiss, Moonlake embraced him and hugged him lovingly, Omar smiled and embraced him back.

"You still think I'll be tough even with freckles?" Omar asked, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Yep... If not the clothing you wear, the threats, the beatings -"

"I stopped doing that a while ago... For you, remember?" Omar replied, blushing heavily, yet giving Moonlake a smile.

"O-Oh - Yeah" Moonlake replied.

At that moment Tokyo came in, peaking through the door... Scaring both of them so badly the fell to the floor after flinching at the same time.

"Gah! Who's that?" Omar asked, rubbing his head.

Tokyo came inside and picked grabbed Omar to pull him in for a hug, he blushed because he had no idea what was going on.

"Oh um, Omar this is London's apparent little brother - Tokyo" Moonlake introduced scratching his head nervously. He looked over to Omar and saw his fur was sticking up, Moonlake's face froze.

"Gah! Are you sure he's an Eevee?" Omar asked surprised at the static electricity affecting his fur.

"Yes" Moonlake replied nervously.

"Fweckles" Tokyo squeaked, noticing them appearing around Omar's nose. Omar's eye twitched in irritation, he was getting more annoyed and embarrassed the more they noticed his facial feature.

"Whyyyyyyyyyy?!" He shouted dramatically.

Omar sank to the floor, Tokyo let go of him and tilted his head to one side then he shrugged and decided to give Moonlake a hug, he sighed and rubbed Tokyo's head while smiling at Omar's drama show.

But then he began to ponder about the dream he had the other night. Should he tell Omar about it? Should he tell London? The young Eevee was beginning to question his bloodline and the history of his mum's ancestry... Is there more to the Kobayashi name?... Or are there dark secrets nobody knows about the gems powers and effects?