(Not Afraid) Jimmy Darling

I know I haven't done anything in this book for a long time and I'm sorry!!! I have just been busy with my Bil Skarsgård one! If you can please go read that one too ^^ Thank you all for reading this one too almost 6k reads??! That's more than I ever thought I would have tbh. Thank you so much!

I sat in my tent and stared at the 'ceiling'. I was so bored. We hadn't put on a show at all in the past three weeks because of the killings going on. All I have been doing is playing cards with the 'freaks' and practicing for when I perform.

I sat up on my bed and walked out. I looked around to see everyone hanging out in the dining tent so I headed over there. I walked over and waved at my friends. They were all plating cards and listing to the radio. I scanned the tent and couldn't find my best friend, Jimmy.

"He's in his trailer," said Wiggles as she stuffed her face with pie.

I smiled at her and jogged over to his trailer door. I took a deep breath before knocking on his door.

I had always been very fond of Jimmy. Ever since I came here, he had been such an angel. He showed me around the place and town as well as gave me some tips when talking to some of the people. I was always with him. He was quite charming as well. His deformities effected him in no way at all. All I saw when I looked at him was the most handsome young man in the world. I had been catching feelings for him for a while now but, I would never tell him. He could never love something like me. I'm hideous. I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror. He will never feel the same way so I push those feelings down.

"Hey (y/n) what's up?" he said openeing the door to his 'home'. He looked tired like he had just woken up from a long sleep. I smile at him nervously.

"Hey, I-I was just bored and wanted to know if you wanted to go out to town with me?" I rubbed the back of my hand while I spoke. His smile dissipated when I said the word 'town'.

"You know I don't like doing that unless I have to (y/n)," he said pulling me inside his trailer and shutting the door. "Especially with all of these killings and missing people? It's not a good idea." he put a hand on my shoulder and stared me down. Like I should know better.

"I'm sure we will be fine! Don't be afraid of showing who you are to the world, Jimmy. You can't keep doing that. It hurts you and the people around you." I brought my hand up to his cheek and rubbed circles on it. He took his hand and stopped mine. He sighed and looked at the ground. There was a long silence.

"Fine." he finally said.

I looked up at him and smiled widely.

"Really?!" I hugged his waist and gripped is shirt with joy.

He giggled and rested his head on top of mine. A blush grew across my face when he did this. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach.

"I need to get ready. I'll meet you out near my bike when I'm finished," he said pulling away from me and opening the door. I smiled and waved at him before leaving.

I waited by his moter-bike patiently as he got ready. I was so excited to actually be doing something, especially something that only involved me and Jimmy.

He eventually walked out in his leather jacket and his big boots. He walked over to me with a nervous look on his face. I frowned a bit. I knew he didn't like going out but, I was so bored and glad that he was willing to do this for me.

We got on his bike and he handed me a helmet.

"Thank you, Jimmy... for taking me out to town. I know you hate it but I'm very thankful." I said as I wrapped my arms around his torso. I clung on tight as he sped away.

"I'll do anything for you toots," he said looking to me and winking.

I grew red and hid my face behind his back.

When we go to the town, we stopped at the diner. It only had a few people in it so we thought this would be the best time to go.

We walked in and sat down in a booth at the end of one of the long windows. A young woman walked up to us and rolled her eyes.

"What do you want freaks," she said looking down at her paper.

Jimmy was about to speak when I stopped him.

"No. I'm sorry to cut you off Jimmy but, excuse you, miss? What did you just call us?" I said sitting up more properly in my seat. The woman stared at me with disgust.

"Oh sorry, I forgot FREAKS can't hear properly either," she said scoffing.

I stood up and got face to face with the woman.

"Say it again you little cunt and you'll be pushing up daisies," I said before grabbing Jimmy by the arm and taking him out of there.

I stormed off and got on the back of his bike. He slowly followed behind me.

"What is your problem?" he said standing in front of me flaring his arms in the air.

"Why did you do that?!" he said shaking his hands this time.

I was on the verge of bursting out into tears.

"Because I'm not afraid," I said coldly.

Jimmy got on his bike and sighed. He drove us back home. I got off the bike and set his helmet on the bike seat. I didn't look back before storming off towards my tent. I walked through the 'door' and threw myself on my bed. I buried my face in my arms and started to cry. I knew something like that would happen and so did he but, I ignored it. I should have listened to him and I didn't. I'm so terrible.

I wiped my eyes when I heard someone come through the tent and to my room.

"(y/n)..." I heard Jimmy say. I shut my eyes and buried my face in a pillow.

He walked up next to me and sat down by my side. He put his hand on my back and the other in my hair.

"Hey, you don't have to be so upset hun! It was just a little argument. It's over now. I'm here for you." he said rubbing my back. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

I sniffed and looked up at him. My eyes were puffy and red. He wiped my tears and brung me to his chest. We stayed like that for a while. It was relaxing. The lighting was dim and he smelt of cigarettes and liquor. The intoxicating smell made me feel like I was home.

"I love you," I mumbled into his shirt.

He paused for a moment and then lifted up my chin to look into his eyes.

"I love you too~"