(Drunk Thought)James March

I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF THE PERSON THAT DREW THIS PICTURE BUT HIS NECK THO!!!!!!

I freaking love it. I was searching for pictures of him to put on here and that was the one that caught my eye lmao. Have fun reading my shitty writing lololol

Warnings- Mentions of drinking 

Type- Fluff, KIND OF lemony(?)

"Calvin Coolidge was the president at my time of main endeavors!" James was intoxicated out of his mind.  He had invited me into his room for 'dinner' but, he ended up drinking instead.

"No one ever talks about ol' Coolidge anymore. God, this brainless, mindless, foolish, ignoble world has gone to complete and utter HORSE SHIT!" he just kept going on and on and ON AND ON AND-

"Don't you think so too my dearest?" he said looking at me with hazy eyes.

"Well, I don't think It's completely gone to shit... I think there are quite a few lovely things left in this world to still enjoy," I said trying to lighten his mood.

Normally I wouldn't be concerned with him drinking his mind away but, something seemed to be off. He was acting more depressed than usual. He was speaking of things like the world ending and stuff like war. It wasn't normal for him.

He gave me a dark glare.

"No matter. We all will have our own opinions," he said taking another sip of absence.

I just stared at him. 

"Is there really not anything that makes you happy?" I asked swirling my drink around a few times.

He laughed and lifted his glass.

"Of course! Absence!" he said before downing the whole thing. 

Tears stung my eyes. I had been talking with James for so long now. Why would he say that? Do I not make him happy... am I not good enough?" I thought.

"What?" he said putting his empty glass down and looking at me.

I sniffed, "What am I not doing? I am here for you, I spend time with you, I make sure your okay! WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO DO?!" I screamed at him, pounding my fists down on the table. 

He stared at me shocked. At that moment my eyes widened at what I had just done. All was silent except for the old record that was stuck on repeat. 

"I didn't mean-" James started. Tears rolled down my face.

I got up and walked out of the room. 

"(y/n) dear! That's not what I meant! WAIT!" he said running after me. 

I ran down the hall and into my room. I took off my dress clothes and walked over to my dresser and pulled the third drawer open. As I searched for something to wear, I heard my door unlock and slowly creep open. 

I turned around to see James standing there. He looked a mess. His hair was stringy and his tie was loose around his neck. He only had his white button-up on along with his black dress pants. 

I rolled my eyes and went back to finding a shirt and shorts to put on. James walked over to me.

"Darling," he said putting a warm hand on my bare shoulder. 

I ignored him and kept searching. He got closer to me and wrapped his arms around my torso. He set his head in the crook of my neck. 

"What do you want James," I said starting to cry again.

"I want you (y/n). You are the only thing that can make me happy now. I didn't mean what I was saying. I love you. Please don't be upset, I only want the best for you," he whispered in my ear.  

I wiped away my tears and sniffed.

"I mean that..." he said turning me around and looking into my eyes.

We stared at each other for a while before he leaned in and kissed my lips. 

"Don't you ever feel like that again," he said cupping my cheeks.

I smiled at him as he wiped away my leftover tears. 

"I love you too James."