(Intrest)James Patrick March

Helloooo! So this is a request for @laneyfaith15 !!! Thank you for requesting and I hope you like it!

Type= Fluff

Warnings=  Drinking

As I walk up to the hotel doors my hands shake. My great-grandpa had come to this hotel about 50 years ago and disappeared. No one knew where he went. He just never came back. My family never gave too much thought about it but I did. I have always thought about where he would have gone. So, I saved up enough money to rent a room at the hotel.

I opened the doors and walked in. The place looked like a palace. It was old but put together. I walked up to the front desk to an older lady with glasses. 

"Can I help you," she said putting down her newspaper. 

"Ah yes um, I would like a room for a week if that's okay?" I asked as I heard someone come down the elevator.

The lady's face went pale. "Yes, ma'am that is okay. Let me just put you in-"

"Room 64!" a voice said from behind me. 

I turn around and a man with dark hair wearing a blue tuxedo was standing there. He had a pencil mustache and was smiling grimly at me. 

I awkwardly smiled back. "Hello..." I said 

His grin widened as the elderly lady handed me the key to room 64. I nodded and smiled at the man before walking to the elevator. The man followed.

"Wait, miss, Uhm, miss,"  the man said running after me and into the elevator.

"(y/n)..." I said awkwardly. 

"Ahh, miss (y/n) it is quite a pleasure to meet you. I am James Patric March! Sorry to give you such a fright back there. You see, I am the owner of this hotel."

as he spoke I looked into his eyes. There was something about them that almost didn't seem normal to me. They were lifeless. Dark and grim. Like someone was trapped behind those eyes.

"Oh I see," I said correlating the way he looked with the way the hotel looked. "And no you didn't frighten me, sir," I said as the elevator stopped. 

I stepped out and looked around. 

"Here, why don't we talk at my bar later?" he said waving a hand over to the bar where a bald woman with big bulky earrings was working. 

"Alright, let me put my things down and I will be back," I said smiling and nodding at him. 

He smiled and nodded as well. "I'll be waiting here," 

I walked down the hallway trying to find my room. Something seemed off. About James, about the hotel, and just everything in general. The whole place had a sort of death and dreary tone to it. It was almost like I shouldn't feel safe but, I do. 

As I  reach room 64 I use my key to open the door but, the room was already unlocked. I kicked the door open with my foot and walked in. I looked around to make sure no one was in the room but, I didn't see anything. 

I sat on the bed as the feeling washed over me again. Dead inside but safe. 

I sat there for a good minute before getting up and walking back out to the bar. 

When I got there I saw James sitting at the bar on a stool talking, well, more like arguing with another tall woman. She was slender with white hair. She was dressed top to bottom in designer clothing which made me feel trashy with my sweater from Goodwill but hey, clothes are clothes. 

I walk up to them and smiled.

"Ahh hello, darling!" James said taking my hand and kissing it. 

The women looked unamused. 

'Hello, and hello miss my name is-"

"(y/n)?" she said smiling.

I stood there silent for a minute. "Y-yes..." God this place just gets weirder.

"James here has told me about you. He says you are staying here for a week?" she said pulling out a seat for me to sit in.

I sat down politely. "yes ma'am. My great grandfather disappeared here a long time ago and I just wanted to see what made him want to just ghost our family." I said as the lady behind the counter handed me a whiskey. She winked.

"Well I'm very sorry to hear that," she said poetically. "I better leave you and James to it then! Have a wonderful evening," she said smiling at me than giving James a stare of death before walking away down the hall. 

I turn to James and laugh. "Well that was awkward... who was that?" I said taking a sip of my drink.

"My ex-wife... she runs this hotel with me," he said downing a drink and then asking for another one. 

"Ahh I'm sorry," I said looking down. 

"What for lovely?" he said looking into my eyes. I again saw the eyes of death itself staring right back at me. It was romantic...

James and I talked and talked for a good long while. We had a lot of drinks and were both a bit tipsy by the end of the night. 

"Well James, I think I better be getting to my room now," I said yawning.

"Ahh let me walk you!" he said jumping up and holding out his hand for me. I got off my stool and smiled at him. 

He walked me down the hall and to my room. 

"Here you go miss (y/n) I hope to see you tomorrow," he said kissing my cheek. I blush dark red and giggle. 

"Same for you Mr.March."