Chapter 8

"ALINA WAKE UP OR YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!"

I smile while continuing to brush my hair, I had gotten up extra early without letting my dad know. So here we are now, him yelling at the top of his lungs. We love it.

I was applying chapstick when dad bursts into my room. I see him in my mirror with a glass of water so I turn around.

"Wow...you get ready fast!"

I snort and put my chapstick in my skirt pocket, "I got up extra early cause I was too excited."

He nods, "Do you want this water?"

I shake my head before grabbing my bag, "No thanks, you'll need it more than me."

Dad hums and sticks his finger in the glass, "Well you have a good day, now let's go I don't want Nezu calling me."

I nod and watch dad absorb the water out of the glass.

Time skipty

"Yo king!"

I turn around to see that Yamada kid yelling and waving at me. I smile and wait for him to catch up, once he does we start walking again. "Yamada right?"

He nods and fixes his bag straps, "Yes ma'am, also, are you nervous?"

I pat his back, "Not really, I already have two friends I'm expecting to see."

"Ah-ha! It's me and Aizawa, isn't it? I feel so loved!"

He pulls me into a hug and rubs his cheek against mine, "Ahhh I'm so excited!"

I smile and awkwardly hug him back, "I guess, but I also-"

"Alina, who is this?"

I freeze and gently push Yamada off of me, turning around I see Enji.

"Enji! This is Yamada! I met him at the entrance exams!"

He narrows his eyes at Yamada making Yamada get anxious. Yamada turns to me and smiles, "I'll head on, see you in class king."

I move to stop him but he's alright left, sighing I turn to Enji. "You scared him"

He scoffs and wraps an arm around my shoulder and walks forward. "He was all up on you, no one is allowed to do that."

I sigh, "I wasn't bothered, I enjoy his company."

"Yeah well, you have me."

I roll my eyes, "And Yagi, can't forget that doofus."

After that his arm starts to get hotter, "Enji, your quirk hun, watch it before you burn me."

He quickly retracts his arm and mutters a sorry.

We make it to the class but I stop once I see the door. "Who is this big? Like do we have giant fish people here?"

Then a big killer whale passes me and walks in the huge door. My shoulders slump, "In my offense, I didn't know he was a fish"

Enji flicks my head before walking in with me following. I scan the class and see many unfamiliar faces, well except Yamada who is poking a kid with black hair, who I'm guessing is Aizawa. I find my seat which is in the front by the window. Perfect.

Sliding into my chair I look around to find Enji.

"I sit behind you Alina, relax."

I huff before starting out the window, "I'm fine, just wanna be near someone I know."

It was quiet for a little bit until someone taps my shoulder, so I look up and smile. "Aizawa! Glad to see you!"

He holds a finger up before covering his mouth to yawn, he shakes his head before rubbing his eyes. "As well for me, I just wanted to say good morning."

I smile and put my chin in my hand, "Well good morning Aizawa" He nods to me before shuffling back to his desk just in time cause the teacher walked in. Otherwise known as Electris.

She claps her hands getting everyone's attention, "Hello future heroes!" She looks across the room and she shakes her head. "It seems we're missing someone."

Then the door slides open, and in walks Yagi. "Hehe sorry, I had some business to handle."

I cover my mouth and giggle, he finds his seat and sits down letting Electris continue.

"Anyways, I know you guys are expecting to go to the ceremony but I do things a little different."

I look across the room and I swear I saw Aizawa smile. Just it wasn't pretty.

Time skipty

Apparently, Mrs.Electris wanted us to just keep our quirk activated for as long as we can.

She put us in a circle and whoever stops has to sit down, I was beside Enji and some guy with a kinda scary mouth. He looks down at me and nods, I politely nod back before looking to Electris who is in the middle.

"Alright class, on three I want all of you to activate your quirks. Doesn't matter what type! So

1

2

3!"

I put my hands in my skirt pockets and let the smoke roll off of me. I look beside me and see Enji with crossed arms and flames licking his face and body.

I look around and see that some of my classmates have sat down, like Aizawa and Yamada.

The kid next to me had goop coming out of his mouth and the goop turns into his self.

I hum and look to Yagi who had sat down, I wouldn't wanna say I'm surprised, but I'm surprised.

Then a girl across from us had some pink smoke flowing around her sitting frame. I take a hand out of my pocket and hold it out towards her pink smoke. I guess I started controlling it cause she kept trying to pull it back.

"Miss King, are you sabotaging others' tests?"

Keeping my hand outstretched I glance at Electris and smirk, "She's already out, plus its smoke, I control and make smoke so what do you expect from me?"

She smirks and steps beside me, "You're Vapors kid aren't ya?"

I snort but stop when I finally get control of her smoke, "I am, apparently, I'm the stronger version of him."

I move the pink smoke towards me but I can tell it's different than the smoke I usually control. I stop it in front of me and stare at it move in place. Looking up at the girl who produces it I smile when I see her looking at me. Flicking my wrists I let her smoke disappear into the air.

"Are there other qualities you have besides moving it towards you?"

I put my hand back in my pockets and turn to Electris.

"Of course, I can shift into smoke, teleport between smoke clouds, some other things just kinda lazy to name them off."

She chuckles and ruffles my hair, "Yep, you sure are Vapors kid, keep up, don't let your quirk waver."

I nod and turn back around to see that not a lot of students were standing. I don't know all of them besides Enji but I do know that I'm the only girl standing.

Suddenly lightning strikes next to everyone who is standing creating fire and smoke. I smirk and watch more people drop to the ground from shock and exhaustion.

"This is getting fun"

Edited 6/20/22

Scorched ~Endeavor~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें