Chapter 23

After the training we headed back 2 hours after school ended.

On the way back I sat with Nemuri who had apologized about what she said. She had thought since I was a heroes daughter I'd be rude and snobby but she took it back and claimed I wasn't that way. I do agree that it was wrong of her to assume but I forgave her and now we're friends.

Once we got back to school I stretch a bit before walking in and heading for the changing room. I took a quick shower, got dressed in my uniform and walked out to meet with Enji in the front.

"Bye Nemuri see you tomorrow!"

She waves bye before talking to another girl who I have yet to meet.

Yawning I follow Enji to the train.

"Do you want me to carry you?"

I wipe my eyes, "no thank you, let's just get home so we can sleep!"

He nods and sits down then me beside him. Looking around I see some business men and women, mothers holding their sleeping kids, and then the weirdos who just sit and stare.

I yawn again and lean my head back against the window. For a little bit my eyelids start to get heavy before they flutter shut.

"Alina"

I jolt up, "W-what?"

Enji laughs and forces my head on his shoulder, "Just rest a little, I'll carry you home if I have to"

I shake my head and lift my head but Enji instead wraps his arm around my shoulder and forces me back on his shoulder.

"You get grumpy when you're tired so sleep"

I roll my eyes before laying down and letting my eyes shut.

I don't know how long I was asleep but I was awaken by Enji lifting my head. Groaning I stand up and follow Enji off the train. I was walking slow cause I was sore and tired, so to keep Enji with me I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers.

"You're walking too fast! Slow down a bit"

He squeezes my hand and pulls me towards him, "The faster we walk the faster you can go back to sleep"

I groan but squeal when he picks me up, I wrap my legs around his torso and arms around his neck. He places his hands underneath my thighs and hoist me up.

The warmth from his body makes me tighten my grip and nuzzle closer to him. "Ahhh so warm"

He scoffs, "You're just like a koala"

I hum and nuzzle my face in his neck, "Koalas are mean, I'm not mean"

"Are you sure? You can be a little devil sometimes"

Gasping I lean out of his neck and meet eye contact with him, "I'm not a devil!" I nuzzle back into his neck. "Just the devils little assistant"

He snorts, "We're here, my parents aren't home, they'll be in Tokyo for the week for some business conference."

I was gonna slide out of his arms but his grip on my thighs stops me. My eyes widen and a blush covers my cheeks. That tension I felt earlier is back but stronger.

He opens the door and drops our bags and shoes off, which he had gotten off of me with me somehow not noticing. He starts walking to his room with me still in his arms. Once he reaches his room I slide out of his arms but stay in front of him. He raises an eyebrow and places his hands on my hips.

"You good?"

Sighing I look up, "I-I don't know"

"You don't know, that isn't gonna solve shit ya know"

Giggling I give him a tight hug, "Maybe giving you a hug will solve it" lies, a hug is not good enough and you know it

He hums before returning the hug. We were hugging for a while until Enji lifts me from under my arms.

"Are we done hugging? I wanna eat something"

I start swinging my legs completely ignoring Enji.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!"

I laugh, "I wasn't, I promise I was listening"

"I didn't see your bright yellow eyes looking at me so I don't think you were listening"

I stop swinging my legs and look up, "Are you happy now?"

He scoffs and puts me back on the ground, "Whatever, do you want something to eat?"

Shrugging I turn away from him and walk to the window and open the curtains letting the room fill with the moonlight.

"Alina"

"Hmm"

I hear some shuffling before I'm turned around and pressed against the wall next to the window. My breath hitches when he blocks me in with his arms.

"We never finished what happened earlier"

Raising an eyebrow I slowly drag my fingers up his chest, "Finish? We never started anything"

He grunts before leaning in to where our noses touch, "Oh yeah? So you don't remember any of this?"

Shaking my head I place a hand on his neck and one on his chest. "Nope, I don't have good memory"

He smirks and starts leaning in, "Then let me help you remember"

Not trusting my voice I nod and start leaning in as well. Since we were close already our lips didn't have much distance to cover so immediately they touch.

They're warm, not surprised but they're soft as well.

He presses his body against mine and forces his tongue into my mouth. I moan in his mouth and wrap my arms around his neck. He moves his hands under my butt and forces me up. I wrap my legs around him and pull back to catch my breath.

"Enji..."

Before I could finish he slams his lips back on mine and forces his tongue back in making me moan. We fought for dominance with our tongues but Enji...of course won. His hands grip my butt making me moan more and break away. I lean my head back and let Enji attack my neck with butterfly kisses until he reaches a certain spot that makes me moan higher. He smirks against my skin and starts attacking that one spot. I'm just a mess, moaning under him for a spot so little.

"So glad Yagi lost..."

My eyes widen and I push his head back, "What did you say?"

Enji looks confused before he realized what he said, "Alina-"

I shift and float to the other side of the room then shift back.

"Alina let me explain"

"Explain what?! That you and Yagi both took a fucking bet!"

He raises his hands to try to calm me down, "It wasn't like that"

"Then what was it?!"

"A competition"

I step back from shock, before I become filled with anger. "Competition for fucking what?!"

"You"

I step back again and bump into the door, "W-why?!"

He sighs, "Yagi and I both like you, so a couple of weeks ago we said we'd compete to make you as one of ours. We wanted to see who you'd choose in the end."

Tears gather in my eyes, "I-I need to think"

"It already looks like you made your choice alina"

Biting my lip I close eyes and let the tears drop.

"I'm sleeping on the couch"