Chapter 47

5 years later

"Isamu lets go! Grandpa and grandma are waiting outside!"

In seconds my son is standing in front of me with smoke lingering off of him. Sighing I wave the smoke off and watch him slide his shoes on.

"Are you coming to my training session tomorrow?"

I nod and open the door for him, "I'm the one training you"

He chuckles and jumps down the steps scaring his grandparents.

"God damnit Isamu! You are just as sneaky as your mother was!"

He laughs and pulls Ena in for a hug, "Sorry grams, where we- GRANDPA STOP!!"

He whines and wipes the vapor that was shot in his face, smiling I lean on the door frame. Ena looks away from the two boys and smiles at me.

"Hello Enji, how've you been?"

I rub my neck watching Isamu transfer around tricking his grandpa. "I've been good, tired, stressed I suppose"

She sighs, "They haven't found her body yet have they?"

I shake my head, "No, and I'm not even allowed to be apart of the investigation"

"Well knowing you, you'll be looking for her anyways, just...just call us if you find anything" She wipes her cheek.

"Of course, you'll be the first people to know, now go out n relax, Isamu starts his third year at junior high next week"

She scoffs and grabs Isamu by his ear, "Boy quit fucking with him! You know he could beat you"

He groans, "you two are like what? Sixty? You aren't gonna do anything!"

Ena smirks and retracts her claws making Isamu shift and stand behind Yuudai.

"Okay gram geez! I was just playin!!"

She smiles and points a finger at him, "Never underestimate the power of an old timer, we're stronger than we look!"

"That's right! You two were pros right? Akuma and Vapor? You both were in the top five! Same for dad and...and mom! I'm gonna be a hero too! And live on the Todoroki legacy!"

Sighing I cross my arms, "Remember you've got to beat Shoto, he's in the top ten, and I'm still number one!"

He hmphs and puffs his chest out, "I'll beat you pops! And shoto! I'll be the strongest out of all of us!"

I nod, "I'll be waiting Isamu, now go on, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Have you gotten anything?"

Eraser shakes his head and flips a page, "No, there hasn't been any sightings,reports, evidence, it's just weird, her body just disappears and there's nothing showing what happened to it"

I groan and rub my hands over my face, "She died five years ago, they pronounced her dead at the scene, so there's no possible way for her to have just woken up so randomly, especially now, and in a cemetery."

He hums, "Well when they did an autopsy on her they found some drug traces her in blood stream, but they couldn't determine what it was"

"If she did have a drug that woke her up, why would it be now and not fiver years earlier?"

"I don't know, I'm a hero not a scientist!

Sighing I rub my temples, "Then what about quirks?"

"Is that really a question? We already know what quirk she had"

I shake my head, "We know where she got her smoke part from, don't you remember whenever she'd get hurt she'd heal herself?"

He nods, "So there's a possibility she had a healing quirk?"

"Possibly, what's her mother's quirk? The one who's locked up"

He sighs and flips through some papers, "Regeneration...damn these pictures are recent it doesn't even look like she's aged"

He tosses me the folder, glancing at him I pick the folder up. Damn she looked just like she did when we were younger, she doesn't even have a wrinkle covering her face. So she may use her quirk to make her look younger than she actually is. Maybe that's why Alina always looked so young, her body can do the same thing.

I need a drink, my brain is too stressed to keep reading about this.

"I'm headin out, call me if you got anything"

Eraser nods and continues flipping through the papers.

"Don't get too drunk, don't need one of my students finding you again"

Chuckling I swing my jacket on and show him the finger, "I'll be sure to drink safely"

"Vodka straight"

The bartender grabs a glass and pours the hard liquor in front of me. He slides it in front of me, nodding I take a sip and look at the tv. Just some news about some of the new rising heroes. Surprisingly the class eraser taught is all in the top twenty. They've taken over the leader board besides number two isn't anywhere close to beating me.

Chuckling to myself I shoot back the last of my vodka leaving my throat tingling. I've never really liked liquor, always made my quirk act up. But I haven't cared about the consequences, I never bothered.

"I'll like a beer please"

I look away from the tv to the side and my breath hitches. I didn't really believe she'd be breathing again, especially now, five years after I've seen her die in front of me. But now, here she is, with white hair instead of grey, a scar going down her face. This has got to be Alina.

"Am I bothering you?"

My heart bumps, "Alina?"

Her brows furrow, "I-what? Who?" Then her eyes widen. I see her look me up n down before covering her mouth. Tears fall from her eyes, those gorgeous eyes.

"I-I d-don't... E-Enji?"

Tears fall from my own eyes and I nod, she sobs into her hand. I stumble off the small stool and step in front of her. She gasps and steps back but I grab her small hand, that hasn't changed.

"E-Enji?"

I look into her eyes, "Alina"

"Help me...p-please...he's taken me back there"