Chapter 48

"H-help"

My brows furrow and I immediately pull her into my chest. She shakes and cries into my chest, she's in pain.

"Alina who? Who is hurting you?"

"Ahh , there you are, c'mon let's head home"

I look up from Alina to see Dabi, with clenched fist. She tightens her hold on my shirt and it seems like she's trying to hide herself. How long has she been like this? I lost her once and I sure as hell won't lose her again.

"Alina let's go, we don't have all day"

She shakes some more but lifts her small head from my chest. I look down seeing her glare at him, such a nasty glare coming from such a tiny women. Has her spark died? Is that fight still there?

"I-I'd rather be alone right now, please leave me alone"

Dabi scoffs and takes a hand out of one of his pockets, "Don't make this difficult"

Aline scoffs and leans back more, her cold body is starting to heat up. Smoke starts falling from her hair making me and Dabi both confused. I'm not sure why he is but I've never seen her quirk come from her hair before.

"H-how?"

Her smoke twirls around us creating some type of shield. This is all new to me, I knew she could create solid smoke but not like this.

"Don't you dare Alina, we aren't doing this right now"

Alina shakes her head before slipping out of my arms, I grab her wrist making sure Dabi doesn't try anything. She smiles at me before her body starts glowing white, with her small hand she caresses Dabi cheek.

"Go home okay? Your family misses you"

Dabi gently holds her hand and nuzzles into it like a little kid would to his own mother.

"I-I can't"

"You can"

With a flick of her finger the scene around us changes, we are no longer in the bar. Instead we're at a lake, I've never been here before. It's gorgeous.

"Alina?"

Her body glow dies down and she turns to face the lake. It is night so the moon is making it look brighter than it actually is.

"I'm sorry it took me this long, I didn't think it would take five years to heal up"

She turns to me and smiles, those gentle eyes of hers, they bring me life. My breathing is ragged and shaky, I have so many emotions running through me. She steps up to me and takes my hand.

"Let's talk yeah? We haven't done that in a while"

She leads me to a big tree stump and sits down with me beside her. Her warm fingers rub across my knuckles calming me. I don't even know what I want to do, I'm not angry, I'm not sad, I...I just feel content...relaxed I suppose. The last 5 years was a mess, I'm surprised I lasted this long.

"How long?"

She sighs, "I woke up three months ago, at first I was confused why I was in a casket, then the memories came in, I just laid there rethinking everything that happened before I couldn't anymore"

"I saw everything, the pain you and Isamu were going through, I can't even begin to explain how I felt, but I tried so hard to heal, but being practically dead didn't help"

I flinch at her bluntness, I shouldn't be surprised by it though.

"I'm sorry"

Sighing I gently grab her small hands, "Isamu will be happy to see you"

"Are you happy to see me?"

I look to the lake and watch the water move gently, "I am"

"You don't look like it"

I look at her noticing she's glaring at me, "Sorry I don't know how to feel when I see my fucking wife, who was dead at one point now show up again! That isn't normal!"

"It wasn't my fault that I died! You try having the living daylights beat out of you! Try living in the dark for the past five years!"

"Maybe if you weren't so weak then none of that would have happened!"

She gasps and stands up moving away from me. Fuck Enji stop, you're gonna lose her again.

"I'm not weak, I will never be weak"

"You sure as hell act like a weakling"

You're pushing it idiot, she's gonna leave you here. Wherever that is.

"Why are you treating me this way? I have done nothing to you! Why are you acting like I'm the bad guy here Enji!?"

"Because you fucking left me! You left Isamu and I all alone for five fucking years! He had no mother, I had no one to go home and love besides him!"

Tears fall down her cheeks, "It's not like I wanted to die! I didn't want you nor him to see me lifeless! I can't help what happened that day! Or the events leading up to it! So I'm fucking sorry I wasn't the strong wife you wanted so damn bad!"

She turns away from me and walks towards the water, I rub my hands through my hair before following after her. I gently grab her shoulders and before she could say something my lips are on hers. God I missed them so much, I missed her so bad. She hesitates before giving in and leaning into me, I pull back and cup her face with both my hands.

"I take what I said back, you aren't weak, you're the strongest person I know"

I kiss her again in desperation, like it's the last time I'll ever touch her. But I know, her story isn't over yet, neither is mine, nor is Isamu's.