Chapter 22

"You two need to find five people in this zone, the rest are out because they can't handle it."

I nod and cross my arms.

"Begin"

Sighing I hold my hands out and start moving the smoke from the surrounding fires to me creating transfer lines. Closing my eyes I start looking through the smoke throughout the zone and soon find 3 of the 5 people.

"Enji, three of them are in the northeast corner surrounded by falling debris. One has a head injury, another is clutching their right shoulder and the last one is on the floor scooting away from the debris."

I open my eyes and watch Enji nod before running and shooting fire from his feet so he's in the air. I huff before creating more transfer lines. Closing my eyes I start looking in the harder areas, I find 1 in a corner. I hum and shift, I go through the transfer line where I show up where I find them.

"Hey, everything is gonna be ok, is there anything hurting?"

"No, just..." they stop and start coughing. Smoke is entering their lungs. I shift and float over to them before shifting back. I slide my mask off and put it on them. "Here, this would keep the smoke out"

The nod and adjust it, "This might feel weird but you're gonna turn into smoke for a tiny bit before you're back to normal"

They nod and grab my hand. Shifting us besides our hands I guide them out of the place and to the spot where I find Enji and the rest of survivors. I shift back and catch my classmate from falling.

"Holy shit that was crazy!"

Smiling I slide my mask off of them and put it back on my neck.

Breathing a sigh we walk out of the zone and meet the rest of the class.

I wipe the sweat away and grab the provided waters.

"Man that took a lot out of me"

Someone starts patting my back, "You doing okay?"

Looking up I smile when I see Yagi, "Yeah, I tried something new and it took a lot of energy. But I'll be okay, just gonna sit out for the next one tho"

He smiles and let's go my back, "I'm glad you're alright, now let's go! Onto the earth zone!"

I smile and follow behind him. Eventually we arrived and I drop to the ground. Sighing I move into a criss cross and watch people volunteer.

"King you doing alright down there?"

I look up, "Uh yes ma'am, just a little tired."

Electris nods before turning to the zone and watching what's going on.

I open my water bottle and chug the rest. Guess Electris got a talk cause her attitude with me changed. It's whatever.

Someone plops down next to me and holds out their water bottle. Seeing Enji holding it out my stomach flutters.

"That's your water Enji"

I push it back. But he pushes it into my hand.

"Just take it, you lost more energy than me."

Sighing I open the cap and chug the water.

"I'm repaying you later, that is if we don't stay the night."

He shrugs his shoulders, "Not like it fucking matters anyways. It's just water, something every human needs"

I nod, "I suppose"

The moment we had earlier has now made it awkward between us. And there's a tension, something I've never felt before.

"Just two more zones kiddos, and by the time it seems we're going home. But that depends on how the next two zones go by. So come on!"

Groaning I stand up and pop my back before offering an hand to Enji. He grabs my hand and stands up. I let go and start following the rest until we reach the air zone. Where it is very windy.

The kids who haven't gone go, so that leaves almost half of the class left.

"Any volunteers?"

I'm shoved forward, "Ah king,you must be bored"

I sigh, "This does give me something to do"

I look back to my class and eventually Nemuri comes up with me.

"Smoke twins, you two could become amazing partners!"

I purse my lips and look away.

"Smoke twins? That wouldn't work, more like smoke sisters! That one sounds better"

I chuckle and look at Nemuri who's smiling.

"Alright you two go in and find them"

We nod and start heading into the windy zone.

"Man! Our quirks are not compatible with this zone!"

I chuckle, "I agree! Why don't we check each building together then move on?"

She nods and we start jogging to the closest building. We bursts in and fall on the ground from the wind pushing us. Groaning I roll onto my back, "This is gonna take forever!"

"Don't gotta say that twice!"

Time skipty

Eventually we found the people and forced them out of the zone. They walk out looking fine while me and Nemuri have wild hair. While looking for them some glass broke and flew towards us. I pushed her out of the way and took most of the hit. Some of my costume torn and some tiny cuts but nothing major.

"I'm not doing that again, that was hell"

Nemuri starts helping me pull shards out of my arms, "You didn't have to push me out of the way ya know, I would've be fine"

I sigh but hiss when the last shard from my arm is pulled, "It's better to have one person hurt than two, I'll heal up it's not problem"

She sighs, "It's better to have none hurt but in this situation one is better than two"

Electris comes up to us, "You two alright?"

We finish taking the shards out so we look to her. Nodding I wipe off some blood from my arm.

"I'm fine just some glass, nothing worth seeing medical attention"

"Just some wild hair, but a hairbrush is much needed" Nemuri states while trying to comb her hair with her fingers.

We all laugh and start making our way to the last zone. Ice. I'm definitely sitting out, don't wanna fall and bust my ass.

"ALINA!OH GOD I WAS SO WORRIED FOR YOU!"

I'm tackled into a pair of skinny arms. Laughing I pat Yamada's back.

"I'm fine, but c'mon before the class leaves us"

I grab his hand and start dragging him to the next zone.

"You doing this zone?"

He hums and suddenly grabs Aizawa. "Yep and he's coming with me"

I giggle and let go of his hand. "You two have fun, don't forget to go ice skating!"

Aizawa rolls his eyes and Yamada smiles. "Oh yeah, it's gonna be slippery so we're gonna have to skate"

I laugh and watch the two volunteer and walk away until they reach the ice and Yamada falls on his ass. I burst out laughing and cower over onto my knees.

"Oh god"