Chapter 20

SAMANTHA'S POV-
So I stopped speaking and I knew everyone present there got a bit emotional. Emelia was constantly crying,I know she wasn't faking it.She worked with dad for 14 Years. And She considered my dad as her brother.
I finished and walked back to where Augustus was sitting.
Then Emelia and a few of my aunt's went to speak about how they feel and how much they loved him.
Although everyone who was supposed to cone, had come.But still my eye's were Searching for her,I thought she'd come because Augustus did request her to. BUT she did not,I guess I just expected a little too much from her..
To be honest the only person I wanted here except Augustus was My Mom.
I needed her the most. And I knew she was the kind of lady who pretended that she had no such attachment with my dad,but she always loved him. It was just that she was more of a career oriented woman.
I don't know why but till the last minute I was hoping that she'd come.I don't know why but I had this feeling that she'd come today.
So As we were sitting Augustus's phone began to rang and he went out.
I didn't ask him what he was up to because he was in such a hurry.
So as the funeral was about to end suddenly A voice comes from behind
"it's not over yet Love's "
Everyone looked behind to see who it was!
And I as I turned back to see who it was, there she stood. In a black Dress with her blond hair pinned up and her mascara ruined.I could very well make out that she had been crying the whole night. It showed on her face.I expected a hug from her or even a "Hello " would be fine!
But she was just too focused on dad's coffin. She walked towards the platform where the priest stood and said,
"Charlie had always been a great friend to me,And a great husband too.I can't take that credit from him. He.. Raised my daughter in a such a way that she today is able to stand tall and face all of it by herself. With no support,I can tell that she's one Strong girl and ofcourse she got this trait from her father! Today I'm here to apologise, yes I want to apologise. Firstly,Charlie My love! I hope you forgive me for not giving you a chance to experience complete parenthood with your wife, with me!secondly Samantha, I'm so so sorry baby! For never being there for you,for not being able to ask you about your life, for not being there in your teens, for not being there to comfort you when some stupid guy broke your little heart.And the only reason why I'm here today is to get my family back, my Daughter back. I see a great glimpse of your father in you My baby Girl.I want you to Make him proud so that he can shout from the heaven above that"See My Sammy did it, She did it all by herself ".I love you Charlie and I'll miss you....So much. "

I had seen a new side of my mother, it was the first time I saw emotions in her.
I could see her feeling something, And I thought that maybe things could work out now.
She came down and walked towards me.
We had a little eye to eye moment and then a minute later we were hugging each other. For the first time I felt the warmth and the love of a mother.
I thought she might had changed, and I was glad and the only person who brought me and my mom close was Augustus.
My love.
So the funeral ended and after a few greetings and a luch everyone went home.
Mom left straightaway for a meeting, as usual! I didn't pay much attention as I was tired and then Augustus and I sat in my car and headed home.
While he was driving, he stopped for a while as there was a lot of traffic.
I looked towards him,he looked back.
I didn't wanted to say anything so I just gave him a long kiss, a passionate one though. And I knew he knew what I was trying to say.
That I loved him.
I just did.