Side Story pt5!

I quickly ran towards the nearby sea boarder, Shota was chasing after me.

"You can't do this, Nami!! You can't stop a literal tsunami!" He cried out to me.

"Watch me! I will protect the people of this nation if it's the last thing I do!" I yelled back to the man, watching the tsunami make way.

"Nami please!" Shots ran over to me, he grabbed my arm and jerked me to look at him.

I was glaring at him now, "If I can't protect them then what kind of hero am I? I told you that I wanted to help with natural disasters such as this so please." I turned away from him.

The tsunami was getting closer and you could feel the ground shake the more it approached. I took in a deep breath as I watched the wave.

I toned out Shota's pleads with me, as much as he told me he couldn't bear to see me do this. He stayed behind me the entire time.

"Now!" I yelled, holding out my hands and the moment the wave went up to break.

My feet pushed into the ground as I then started my quirk underneath my feet to help me push the tsunami back.

I groaned, My arms were in pain and I could hardly feel a thing. I pushed more and more.

"GOD DAMNIT!!!" I screamed to the top of my lungs.

I was so pissed off at this point I wanted to do everything I could. I tried to lower the size of the tsunami but it wouldn't get any smaller.

If I push it back out to sea it should shrink enough without hitting America... I can do this!

I then began to step forward, pushing the tsunami backwards. You could see the water standing up and folding back over.

But then all you hear is a snap, a loud one at that.

I look over to see my arm turning purple, It just fucking broke.

Whatever! I have to keep on!

"Nami please stop!!!" Shota cried out in the background.

I ignored him and continued to move the tsunami. I then seen it fold over completely and touch the surface of the water.

I then pushed it back out to sea and that was it... I successfully pushed away a tsunami.

I slowly turned to look at Shota, "See that? I-I did it..." I tell him right before falling to the ground.

Everything was dark and I couldn't tell if I died or what.

~

I slowly opened my eyes, the sound of a monitor beeping in the background.

I groaned a bit, feeling my body ache all over.

"What the hell happened?..." I asked myself.

I looked over to see Shota laying his head on my lap as he slouched over in a chair. I then moved my hand over, running it through his hair.

He then moved a bit, he slowly lifted his head up and looked at me. It took him a few seconds before he completely sat up and realized I was awake.

"Nami..." He muttered to himself.

"Hey Shota." I lightly waved at him.

Before I could say anything else, he pressed his lips against mine. My eyes widened at how sudden it was but I slowly fell into the kiss.

It lasted for several seconds until he pulled away, only to hug me after.

"You're an idiot..." He tells me as he held onto me.

I laughed a bit, "I'm fully aware." I hugged him back.

I then let go of him and tilted my head, "How long has it been?" I asked.

"A week." He bluntly states.

"What?!" I yelled

"Don't worry it's fine. The tsunami successfully left and it didn't hit America either. You changing it helped weaken it so it practically diminished a few kilometers out." Shots explained to me.

I nodded my head slightly, I was still caught off guard by the kiss.

"Nami?" Shota looked down at his hands.

"Hm?" I tilted my head a bit.

"I... I love you a lot... next time you do something reckless I'd sincerely appreciate it if you told me." Shota lifted his head up to look at me.

I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Did you just say you loved me?" I asked him.

He nodded his head a bit. It caused me to laugh by how he was acting.

"I love you too, Shota." I smiled brightly at him.

~

Years had past since that incident. It was spread all over the news that someone could stop a tsunami. More so of the reason that it was almost like a debut for me.

Shota and I see each other every now and then but work gets the best of you in times such as these. Yagi had become the greatest hero while Todoroki followed in second. Nemuri's debut caused us to gain a new law but other than that she's doing well. Yamada is well... kicking ass and being Yamada.

I let out a sigh as I looked over the report my sidekick handed me.

"Ma'am?" She spoke up.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Is something bothering you? You seem kinda distant today." She tells me.

I sat the papers down and looked up at her, she was standing in front of my desk.

"I just miss Shota is all... I haven't seen him in a while." I tell her.

"You mean the hero Eraserhead?" She questioned.

I nodded, "Yeah.."

As soon as I said that my phone began to ring.

"Hold that thought." I looked at my sidekick before picking up my phone.

"Hello, This is The Wave Hero: Tsunami." I answer the phone.

"Hey Nami. It's me." The voice speaks.

My eyes practically lit up at the voice, "Shota! I haven't spoken to you in so long..." I tell him.

"I know. I apologize for that but I have a situation at the moment." He sighed over the phone.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I took in a child." Shota bluntly tells me.