Chapter 37

I woke up in my room, well my room in Hawks mansion. I slowly got up and decided to get dressed.

After getting dressed I made my way downstairs, pulling my hair back into a ponytail in the process.

"Ah, good morning miss." The butler from yesterday greeted me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh, hello. Have you seen Hawks? I'd like to go get those documents to look at." I asked him.

"No miss I haven't but if you'd like, I can retrieve them." He nodded to me.

"Really? That'd be great! Thank you..." I paused for a minute.

"Alfred." The old butler smiled at me.

I nodded in return, "I'm gonna come sit in here." I pointed to the living room like place.

"Alright." He hummed before walking off.

I took in the building for a minute, it was huge. I wonder how many parties he has here...

Alfred walked up to me and handed me the envelope, I thanked him and went to the nearby table to sit down.

I sat down and began to read and examine all the documents.

"Presumably dead, huh?" I read aloud.

"The subject Ara (L/N) was filed as dead based on the report given by her daughter, (Y/N) (L/N). Yet we have reason to believe that she's still alive. Recently, police have been called out to scenes where there's been a string of murders. All linked back to Ara (L/N). We don't know how she survived but through our investigation, we're fully certain she's the one who's the cause of this."

I felt my ears lay on my head, "So now she's murdering people?" I asked no one.

I place the document down on the table, looking at all the papers I have laid out.

"All of these are saying she's been involved with several murder cases. None have nearly anything to do with the League." I tilted my head.

I then noticed one more paper that was under another one. I picked it up and began to read the document.

"A statement we received from All For One stood out. 'She'll help him with the cause'."

That was all I read, it was enough for me to know who she was and who he is. I grabbed the papers and put them back into the envelope.

"Ya having fun?" Someone asked me.

I jumped a bit, turning to see Hawks standing next to me.

"Oh my god you scared me." I let out a heavy sigh.

"Sorry about that. I just needed to tell you that we aren't starting physical training today." Hawks hummed a bit.

"Then what are we doing?" I questioned.

"Going to a party!" Hawks grinned at me.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Yeah! It's a gala being hosted by a quirk drug enhancement distributer." He tells me.

"I don't even have anything to wear..." I felt myself sigh.

"No problems! I asked for a bit of help and got a good dress for you. You need to look slightly older than what you do so one of my maids are going to help you with your makeup." He explains.