Chapter 43

The next day I was down early for breakfast, I wanted to get a jog in before I decided to go out today.

It was the weekend so everyone was sleeping in except...

"Todoroki?" I questioned, looking over at the male.

He lifted his head up and turned to face me, he also had an outfit on. He seemed to be going out, not on a run or anything but just out.

"Oh, (L/N)." He replied, pausing only to speak again. "What're you doing awake so early?" He questioned.

"I was planning on going out for a run. What about you?" I smiled at him.

We hadn't spoke ever since the incident between Katsuki and I. I just now realized that I don't necessarily know Todoroki too well.

"I'm going to see my mom." He bluntly replied.

"Could I maybe, tag along?" I asked him.

"Huh?"

"I-I don't have to! It's just that I don't know much about you and I thought that we could get to know each other more." I rubbed the back of my head as I tried to explain.

Todoroki stayed silent for a moment before nodding his head. I cheered for a split second before composing myself.

"Then off we go!" I smiled at him.

Todoroki and I had made our way into the city and we're now standing outside of a hospital's psychiatric ward.

I had looked over at Todoroki before tilting my head, "Are you sure you're okay with me tagging along?" I asked him.

"Yeah it's fine." He replied before entering the building.

I followed him inside and we signed in before going into the elevator. I wanted to ask him why his mom was here out of all places. It made me question a lot about Endeavor and Todoroki's home life even more. I decided it was best to keep to myself though.

We got out of the elevator and made our way to a room, Todoroki knocked and I heard a woman say come in. I watched as he opened the door, walking in.

"Shoto, it's good to see you." The woman smiled softly at him.

I found myself standing in the doorway and just taking in his moms beauty. Her long white hair and grey eyes were like Todoroki's except the other half of his hair and eyes.

She turned to look at me before speaking up, "Who's this?" She asked.

"(L/N). She's a friend of mine from school." Todoroki tells her as he was setting is bag down.

"I'm sorry if I'm intruding!" I quickly spoke up and bowed.

"No it's not a problem at all. Come in." She replies.

I stood back up and shut the door before walking over to the seat next to Todoroki.

"Oh by the way, my name is Rei Todoroki." The woman smiled at me.

I nodded my head, "I'm Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet you Todoroki-San." I reply but watch as she shook her head.

"Rei is fine. Why did you tag along with Shoto?" She questioned me.

I glanced over at Todoroki and he nodded his head, "I was up early today and realized I haven't spent much time with Todoroki despite us being friends." I said with my ears twitching.

The white haired woman nodded at me, "It's nice to know that Shoto has friends like you to be with him." She smiled softly.

I smiled in return at her, my tail swaying. It was nice to know that Todoroki trusted me enough to let me see his mother in the hospital.