Chapter 38

"No way!" I panicked, looking at the pro hero.

"There's no time to argue. I need you to do this. You don't have to drink or anything just go party." He tells me.

"Then you're coming with me!" I felt my face flush red at my words.

"I need to talk to people though!" Hawks whispered yelled.

I could practically feel people looking over at us. They began to question what was going on.

I knew I was gonna regret going on this mission with this grown man but I had to make things believable and right now, that wasn't happening.

I quickly grabbed onto his tie and pulled him down to my height.

"Don't you want to dance with your girlfriend?" I bit onto my lip.

The pro hero's eyes met my own and I looked back into his.

"Fine." He responded before taking my hand and going to the dance floor.

This is fine. Just don't think of him, think of the mission and you'll be fine!

I quickly felt my body press against his, my hips swaying side to side at the sound of the music.

I turned to look at my "boyfriend" he was lightly swaying here and there, letting me go all over him.

I felt his hands go on my hips, they began to fill up my waist and down my thighs. I bit down on my lip again, moving my arms around his neck.

"I feel like I should tell your father that you know how to do this." Hawks laughed a bit.

I laughed slightly, "Apparently it's not that hard to learn." I hummed in response.

I turned around to look at the pro hero, we began dancing together. It felt like it was just us in the room.

His wings slightly expanding with every step, his hands continued to fill up my body and I continued to press against his.

"Don't hate me for this..." I whispered to him.

I could hear the music getting ready to stop but I could also hear people asking around if we were really a couple.

"For what?-" Hawks began to ask but I pressed my lips against his.

He didn't kiss back for a few seconds, until his arm wrapped around my waist and he pulled me closer to him.

His lips pressed against my own and without a moments notice, he pulled away like it was nothing.

I felt my face flush red. Hawks moved his arm slowly then pulled me off the dance floor.

"Welcome everyone to the gala!" A man walked up on the stage.

It was the same man that greeted us earlier.

"I'm very glad all of you could make it to tonight's event! I'm also very glad that some of you are partying and having quite a good time!" The man laughed a bit.

People around us began to whistle and clap, I glanced around, my ears poking up slightly.

"I have some sad news though! Our pianist that normally plays for us has sprained his wrist, so sadly we won't be having the traditional piano solo this time." The man let out a sigh.

I heard the room burst out in boos and everyone began to get upset.

Without thinking, I rose my hand.

"I can play for you!" I called out.

The man on stage turned and looked at me, his eyebrow raising.

"Hawks, your girlfriend can play?" He asked the pro hero.

"I wasn't aware of it..." Hawks spoke up.

"I learned to play a really young age so... If you'd let me play then I'd be honored." I responded.

I forced a slight smile on my lips, my tail swaying side to side.

I heard the man hum, "Alright then! Come on up to the piano."

A few servants came out and pushed a grand piano to the dance floor. I stepped out of the crowd, feeling Hawks let go of my hand.

I glanced back at him but continued to walk to the piano.

I sat down and let out a sigh, "You don't mind the song, right?" I turned to the man.

I watched as he shook his head.

"Alright then." I respond.

I began to start the melody, my muscles becoming less stiff with every key I played.

I look for you ♪

♪ Every day, every night ♪

I had began to sing, hearing several gasps and compliments mumbled about the crowd.

I close my eyes ♪

♪ From the fear, from the light ♪

I felt my glance move from the well known keys, over to the man from before.

He was nodding his head in approval. I smiled in response before turning back to the keys.

As I wander down the avenue, so confused ♪

♪ Guess I'll try and force a smile ♪

My gaze turned to Hawks, he was standing there in pure shock at my playing and singing.

Pink lemonade sippin' on a Sunday ♪

♪ Couples holding hands on a runway ♪

I turned away from the pro hero and looked back at the keys, becoming fully in tune with my music.

They're all posing in a picture frame ♪

♪ Whilst my world comes crashing down ♪

♪ Solo shadow on a sidewalk ♪

I felt myself smile at the music, I was getting really into it and playing in front of all these strangers... That was okay for me.

Just want somebody to die for ♪

♪ Sunshine living on a perfect day ♪

♪ While my world comes crashing down ♪

♪ I just want somebody to die for ♪

Shortly after, I ended the song. I felt myself take in a deep breath before the audience broke out in cheers.

"When you volunteered to sing, I didn't think you'd be that good." The man from before walked up to me.

I stood up, "It was the least I could do to help."

"By the way, If you haven't recognized... I'm the host. Itsuki. It's great to see you again, (Y/N)." He grinned at me, a hand extended out to me.

I hesitated to take his hand after I finally realized who he was, "You..." I muttered out.

The crowds cheers was so loud that no one could hear our conversation but us two.

This man in front of me was no older than me, yet he had went on a different path than me.

We were both aware of that as well.

Authors Note:

You know rereading this chapter. I don't know what the fuck was going on in my mind and why this is a thing. Yet I'm too lazy to change it so here you go.