Precursor

*AN: Note as of Feb 14th, The Alpha, The Beta & The Lunos was changed to The Fate of Kailea 

Enjoy!

~Decades Previous~

"Why if it isn't Richard Grayson the second, to what do I owe the surprise?" 

The God of the sea, a white tiger shifter who had taken on the name of Anu, crept out from the small cavern where he resided and stepped into the moonlight. Richard Grayson got to his knees and bowed to Anu, who appreciated the show of respect of the most successful man on the island. 

"Anu, please, I ask only of a favor," Richard begs. It wasn't the first time Anu had seen a Grayson and it didn't phase him that the grandson would return. 

"Speak child," Anu gave him permission as he licked the fur on his paw. 

"It's my grandfather's company Anu. He left it in shambles when he died and if it keeps going at this rate, we'll have nothing by this time next month," Richard simply stated his situation and Anu yawned. 

The goddesses of the small island had been pestering him for heirs for quite some time. But in order to do so, he would have to leave this body and reincarnate in a human state. How could he miss the opportunity?

"Of course, I'm sure you're well aware that every favor from a God comes with a cost," Anu warned the desperate man. An he could easily see his intentions were only seeing that his children had something to build and be proud of. 

"What can I offer you? I hardly have anything at this point." Richard groaned as he pulled down the hood of his sweatshirt. The man's light gray eyes brightened by the moonlight as Anu looked him up and down.

"Your firstborn son's bloodline, I believe his name is Pierce Peter Grayson," Anu smirked and Richard's eyes opened wide. 

"I'm not going to kill my son," Richard outright refuses, but he didn't understand Anu's desires. 

"Death is not what I am asking for. No, in fact, I'm asking for the exact opposite. If it clears your conscience, you will never live to the effects this decision has on his family. And neither will he," 

*** 

Thomas
Richard
Richard II
Pierce
Matthias

~Noah~

 I never thought of how absolutely terrifying, the sound of my own heartbeat could be. 

I can't breathe.
I can't see.

But I can hear my heart, booming in my eardrums
Clear as day.

And I fear the second it stops.

I'll cease to exist.

Natural instincts were telling me to swim to the surface 

But no matter how hard I tried it seemed like the surface was miles away.

This is it.

I could just see the light of the sun here and there reflecting across the murky brown water of the fallen ocean as I tried my hardest to swim with the current dragging me back to the bottom.