30| Puppy Love

*15 Years Old*

~Remy~

"Alpha dipshit! Give it back!"

I cried out as Mason gripped my phone in his right hand while I laid on the floor with my glasses cracked slightly after he smacked me in the face with the basketball. The large garage echoed my whines only making Mason laugh harder. 

"Not until you tell me who Lucky Grey is to you!" My best friend sticks his tongue out as he usually does when he loses any game to me.

"He is a she, and she's just a friend from school. She helps me with my stat homework sometimes. Why do you care so much anyway?" I ask and he puts my phone in his pocket, letting his guard down just long enough for me to tackle him to the floor. 

Reaching for his pocket where my phone remained hidden but he grabbed my wrist and flipped me on my back, hovering over me with a flick of anger in his deep brown eyes. 

"Do you like her?" He asked but he wasn't messing around with me anymore. He was being genuine in his intentions and I stopped struggle for just a moment.

"Yeah, a little bit but it doesn't matter when she'll never like me back," I grunt and he knitted his brows in confusion. Even though he's just fifteen, he's so handsome and massive that he could easily pass for twenty-something while I'm just some scrawny teenager. 

"Why do you think that way?" He asked and I let out a long weary sigh. As the beta to his alpha, we had been practically tied to the hip since the day we were born but even as his best friend there were still some things I liked to keep to myself. 

Feelings I wanted to hide. 

"Because I'm just a stupid Beta Mason, no one actually likes me or is going to like me. I mean have you seen what I look like?" I laughed out of self-pity until his gentle breaths slowed and his hot look warmed my cold soul. 

Until his soft lips connected with mine and time seemed to fall still. The air I once inhaled was stolen and my vision was blurred by my confusion. You would think he's done this before but I know he hasn't, he would have told me. 

"Mason," I groaned lightly with whatever air I could gasp, sounding more like a dying fish than anything romantically seductive but he kissed me again and this time I kissed him back. His hand finding mine as our fingers intertwined and he sat on my waist. His gentle rhythm makes me feel at ease as he doesn't force himself onto me, but lets me set the pace. 

"MASON! REMY! IT'S DINNER TIME!" The voice of Mason's mom breaks our kiss and Mason sits up on top of me while I lie completely breathless. 

"I'M COMING!" Mason called back, his hands rested on my panting chest and I held them in mine. 

"That's what he said," I whispered and he burst out laughing and suddenly it was like nothing and everything happened between us all at once. 

"We should go," Mason sighs and moves to get off me but I hold him in place. 

"Mason, what if we're not mates?" I ask him and he quickly rejects the thought. 

"Even if we're not mates, you'll always be the beta to my alpha," he offers and I kissed him again, shivering as his hands trailed up my pelvis bones to my shoulders.