35| Sweet Lover Of Mine

~Remy~

"I think our best move is to enforce the curfew and put our guard up on the vulnerable wing," 

I tell the group of guards in out uniform which would survive an instant transformation if necessary. holstered to my belt was a pair of handcuffs and a small pistol loaded with enough silver bullets to kill nineteen wolves the lazy way. As much as I love snapping necks, if they're going to fight dirty then we will follow. 

"If the fight is foreseeable, I wan all children under the age of sixteen and all of the members with children under the age of one in the bunker," I tell them and Fliss scratches her chin. 

"But Beta Remy, that would include yourself and Lunos Tristan," She mentions and her friend hits her as if that was a stupid question, but it wasn't. Would Mason let Tristan fight? As badly as I wanted to just hold him up in the ground to protect him and our babies I know Mason would be fair. It's not like Tristan's been a Lunos his entire life. 

"Tristan and I are exempt. We will fight," I reassure them and our bravery is noted. 

Returning to my new wing, I close the door behind me to find Tristan laying on the couch with Cy on his bare chest. He was half asleep when I crouched down beside him and just enjoyed being in his presence. The wet nurse for Clementine and Cyprus, Krista, smiled as she came in from the nursery. She smiled she saw the way Cy and Tris were sleeping and wiped a single tear from her eyes. 

"Are you alright?" I asked her and she nodded with the same sweet smile. 

"Yes sir, I just think back to the times Tristan thought he couldn't have a baby. He cried for so long and prayed so hard. He was in so much pain and anguish, but all of it was worth it because now he's complete," She said and I nodded in agreement. 

"I'll take the baby over when he's ready," I tell her and she nods, going back to Clementine in the nursery. 

With Cyprus wearing only a diaper as he cuddled with his mommy, I carefully fanned my fingers through his soft baby curls and he relaxed with my touch as if he naturally knows.

 The small teardrop-shaped birthmark on his right arm that had been passed down in my family from one generation to the next revealed the truth. 

He's my son. 

Rated 18+ content ahead

***

"Welcome home Rowan,"

I waved my arms as I showed off my wing to my new mate, surprised to find the place smelled like bleach and my blood had been wiped clean from every surface. Rowan nodded as we both stared at the place where my last mate tried to end my life. In an uncomfortable silence, they cleared their throat and continued walking. 

"You know I'm not going to kill you right?" They asked, peeking their head in from the living room but the memories came flooding back and if I stayed in here any longer I might just throw up. 

"Yeah, that's stupid. Um, I'm just going to check in with Alpha Mason, but I'll be back just don't go anywhere," I warn them but they put their hands on their hips. 

"Honey, my shift starts in a half-hour so I'll see you in the morning okay?" Rowan reminds me before I go, unable to take it any longer. I stand in the hallway for a few moments and just take a deep breath.