8| A Castle in the Woods

5 Years Later

~Noah~

"I spy...a rude ass, head ass lookin, crusty ass alpha ho at oh about twelve o'clock,"

I remark as the alpha Mason ignores me while I walk beside Remy. The three of us staying on the light forest path that leads to the one gazebo overlooking the island at its heart. On our way for the monthly meeting with the three other alphas.

"I'm not apologizing," Mason huffs as we continue down the trail and Remy lets out a long groan.

"My god, what is it about this time for fuck's sake?" Remy whines and I cross my arms.

"Does Mason keep secrets from you?" I ask Remy and he shakes his head.

"Not that I know of, wait is this what I think its-" He raises his brow at the man who was leading our small trio and quickly shuts up when Mason whips his head around just to glare at him.

"Oh so you know too? Fuck, this just gets better and better," I whine and Mason continues walking at a faster pace.

"We're almost there Noah so we will talk about this later but now is not the time," Mason snaps with that Alpha tone which tells me now really isn't the time to push his buttons. As much as I'd like to, the man's got a point.

Reaching the gazebo where all of our meetings were held, we were the last ones here. Five years ago, we started rebuilding the island but quickly realized we couldn't do it on our own. So we traded land and freedom for other packs to migrate here and now there are three packs with their own territory spread throughout the island.

The forester pack is in charge of forestation of course and restoring the ecosystem after the tsunami. They also came up with energy-efficient solutions for the other packs. Working as farmers and carpenters.

The crimson pack controls the island's borders. Securing shipments of cargo from other countries as well as protecting its boundaries from outsiders looking to spread the myth and lore of the island to the outside. They were a ferocious bunch of hardened fools who sometimes had to be put in their place by my patient and forgiving boyfriend.

The lotus pack is the weakest in terms of being able to protect themselves but they were healers. Because the other packs could always bring their sick and weak to their hospitals with good chances of successful outcomes, they were provided their own protection by the other packs. No one would touch a lotus member because of how respected they are.

Then there's the Kailea.

We are the leaders, overseeing all the others and controlling who comes in and out of our island. Because of Mason's Alpha Prime status, he is a king among his peers on the island of Kailea. He even wears a crown during special ceremonies with Tristan, Remy, and I also wearing much smaller crowns symbolizing us as members of his council. We lived in a castle tucked away in the corner of the island overlooking the ocean with our small pack given their own small connected homes in the area surrounding.

I had to admit Mason wasn't perfect but he did do an incredible job as king. He's kind, easily approachable, and serves justice with his bare hands when it's needed. The confidence in his stride was unmatched as we walked up the stairs in just his dark blue jeans and tan leather boots. Shirtless as he showed the tattoos across his muscular tanned body with the only ones of color being his two mated marks. The golden crown sitting perfectly among his shaggy curled brown locks.

I might be able to shift into a God but he's the God of sex appeal if you ask me and me being pissed off at him was not helping.

"Alpha Kailea," The other three alpha's stood up and bowed out of respect when Mason entered the gazebo and didn't sit until he sat down first. Remy and I sat on either side of him as his betas and I crossed my legs, examining the other alphas with great interest on the man in handcuffs chilling beside the alpha of the crimson clan.