11| A Heart Full of Love

~Rowan~

"How strange? This feeling that my life's begun at last"

I quietly sing to myself in the small private room where my sweet Remy was resting. He still hadn't woken up from when I sedated him yesterday since I accidentally gave him a bit too much, but I rushed to his side as soon as I finished helping Bahra. 

"This change, Can people really fall in love so fast?" I sigh as I gently pushed a single strand of hair on his forehead out of the way. The only chair in the room always seemed too far no matter how close I placed it. So I had taken to sitting on the small metal twin-sized bed. 

"What's the matter with you Rowan? Have you been too much on your own? So many things unclear...So many things unknown," I continue to sing as I pull my hand back, watching my mate as he breaths in and out. 

My mate. My God I've been blessed with a mate. 

"In my life, There are so many questions and answers that somehow seem wrong," I sing to him. I never thought I would get a mate. A love so deep was nothing but a myth for a rogue like myself. Especially one of my gender status. 

"In my life, There are times when I catch in the silence, The sigh of a faraway song," the song tugs one of my heartstrings as I'm unable to catch the tears from falling down my cheek. 

When I first heard of this tiny island, I knew I was meant to be here. There was something just calling out to me, it felt like there was a tortured soul in pain that needed me to free it. Little did I know it was my own mate who needed me. 

"And it sings, Of a world that I long to see. Out of reach, Just a whisper away, waiting for me," I gently run my hands over his warm ones. But even this was too far away for my body to take. I curl up into a little ball by his side, placing my head on his chest to hear my mate's beautiful heartbeat. Closing my eyes I quickly realize it matches mine. 

"How do I know he's alive? Do I know if he's real? Will I see what he sees? Will I feel what he feels?" I sing as I trace a single finger over Remy's chest. Hoping he'll wake up so I can look into his gorgeous light blue eyes and tell him he's going to be okay. To tell him I will always be right here beside him for as long as we shall live. 

I've been alone since I was seventeen and my parents died in an attack by a larger shifter. I've spent such a long time wandering around the Japanese forests until I heard my mate's wolf calling out to me. I snuck onto a cargo ship on its way here but I didn't know why I was here until I saw him. 

But first met him, I knew it couldn't be right. He looked so happy and carefree that I thought my wolf must be mistaken. I thought I was going to find a prisoner I'd have to free not a Beta that's the first person to ever make me laugh and smile since my parent's death. 

But when that Lunos mentioned his wife, this incredible man looked like he was about to face the god of death himself.  

"In my life...I'm no longer alone now the love in my life is so near...Find me now...Find me here," I finished the song with a new warmth wrapped around me so tight that I felt safe. Until I realized that warmth was his arms wrapped around me. 

"Remy!" I jump back so fast that I fall off the bed and slam my back against the floor.

"Oh god, sorry, sorry. I shouldn't, you were just so cute and your singing was so angelic, I- I'm sorry," Remy quickly apologizes and tries to sit up but I'm quick to stand up and dust myself off.

"No, no, no! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so close to you. I know that's kind of creepy cause we just met and all but I really couldn't help it cause...you see...I-"