49| Say Something

^This song while reading thou^

~Mason~

"Good morning Alpha!" 

Bahra chirps as she shoves the curtains aside and I hiss as the bright sun pierces my room in the med bay. I groan as I quickly lift my pillow over my head and try to hide from any kind of daylight but it did little to nothing. 

"Is there such a thing as a good morning after you've been rejected by your three mates?" I ask her and she lets out a long drawn out sigh. 

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, come on sugar, you've got to get something into your system other than this IV drip. Unless you want the feeding tube put back in," She warns and pushes the tray over the bed. 

It wasn't anything too heavy, just some oatmeal, a bowl of fruit, and some buttered toast. But at this point, it would probably take me an hour to eat it all. I've lost any sense of an appetite since my mates left me here to die and it wouldn't return until they did. Even my wolf left me from the hurt and betrayal they caused. 

But there's also no way in hell I'm getting that feeding tube again so I start nibbling on the buttered toast. 

"That's the spirit, now let me see 'em." She beckons and I hand over my left arm so she could change my bandages. 

"Are they still bleeding?" I ask her as she soothes my open wounds with her cooling creams.

"You made some pretty deep cuts sweetheart, but nothing I can't fix," She chuckles as she wraps it up again and so I no longer have to see the mess I made of myself. 

To think I could have killed Beau.

"Are you going to check on Beau today?" I ask her and she nods. Walking over to the corner of the room to grab the ultrasound. Since it's out of mating season, I was the only member of the pack currently with child so she was able to keep it in here. 

"Are you excited to see them? They should start looking a little bit more human and less alien. You said you started feeling kicks right?" She asks and I just nodded. He wasn't as active right now but just wait until the moment I try to sleep. 

"Well, that's a very good sign of a healthy baby right there. Lift your shirt," She points and I move it so she could apply the sticky jelly to my stomach. I wanted to be happy when I first felt my baby's tiny kicks but without my mates to celebrate with it was merely a small accomplishment. 

"Alright, let's see," She looked at the tiny screen on her tablet, letting me hold it while she moved the doppler around to find my beautiful little Beau. 

"There he is- oh," She tsks all of the sudden and zooms in closer, taking pictures of something as she suddenly focused intently on my baby. 

"What do you mean oh? What's wrong with my baby? Is he okay?" I ask and she frowns for a moment, scrunching up her brows as she got closer. 

"He seems to be forming fine, look. We've got all of our limbs, the brain looks good, and he has all his fingers and toes," She tries to distract me but I know there's something wrong with him.

"Bahra, tell me what's wrong," I asked and she turned off the ultrasound, giving me a wet towel to wipe myself off with. 

"It's not good for your health to know these things without your mates being here," She explains and I lay back into bed with a small thud.