2| Inseparable

~Noah~

"SENSEI!"

I choke out my teacher's title as I tried not to swallow the murky water surrounding us. Holding onto his wrist with such strength that I was sure I was going to leave bruises. We suddenly smack into something hard, that felt like wood to my fingertips and he raised my hands to hold onto whatever it was.

"I've got you Noah, hold on right here," He says and I can hear him coming out of the water but I can only see a crimson blur. He cries out in pain and curses under my breath letting me know he must be injured to some degree. I then feel his hands wrap around my wrists as he pulls and I use whatever strength I had in me to pull myself out of the water.

"Sensei, where are we?" I asked him as my feet found the cold edge of whatever I'm standing on.

"We're at an apartment balcony, you need to climb over Noah." He grabs at my tattered clothing and helps me over the railing where I was stuck.

A door slides open and my hand is held as He walked inside and slams the door shut behind us.

"Oh thank god, it's dry here," he huffs as he helps me walk along a fuzzy floor and sits me down on the floor.

"Sensei, why can't I see?" I ask the question, afraid of what the answer might be. I can hear a fridge door open and close along with Sensei hobbling over to me.

"It looks like you have a lot of blood coming from a gash on your forehead. But I found some water bottles in the fridge so I'm going to clean it out okay?" He asks and I nod, wincing when the cool water hits my right eye and my strong ex-brother in-law/ teacher finally comes into view. Sensei Nico was once married to my brother Nakoa, but I don't know what happened between them to cause their divorce.

All I know is he's my only chance of surviving until we're rescued.

He tries to flush out my left eye but the second water touches it I feel like I'm about to be ripped in half by the fucking devil. My back arching in pain centering around my lower abdomen as I let out a toe-curling scream.

"God Noah, I'm so sorry, I was just...oh shit," Sensei murmurs as I'm forced to painfully squeeze my eyes shut.

They're ready now

Anu's low voice alerts me from the back of my mind and I gripped my stomach, curling into a ball on the floor in unbearable pain.

Why now?

I asked him because this is impeccable timing for a newborn baby to come into the world. Nothing like giving birth right after a fucking tsunami.

I caused the silent storm and I wanted to protect them.

He says and an icy chill grips my heart as I realize what he just said.

Why?

Because from the ocean they must be born.

He speaks in metaphors, but I was in too much pain to even attempt to decipher whatever it was he was really getting at.

You must shift Noah. You will die if you try to rear them in human form.

Shut the fuck up Anu, I'll do what I want.

I tried to push him off but he was too powerful and I could feel my fur growing, my bones cracking, and my body slowly stretching.

You're stubborn, but I'm not going to let you kill us. These little ones need their headstrong father to raise them. They need you.

He forces me to shift into my large white tiger form and my sensei stumbles back. His left ankle twisted in an inhuman way that makes me sick to my stomach. The painful sensation fading to a dull ache now that Anu was with me. His strength handling most of the pain as we paced around the living room. Still unable to see out of our left eye we managed to grab the blanket off the couch and place it on the floor beneath us.