25| Alpha Juni

~Tristan~

"Juniper Grace, it's too cold for you to wear shorts!" 

"I'm not wearing pants!" 

Juni sticks her tongue out and I sit on the edge of her bed, trying to replenish my patience with a long sigh. Her brother sat down beside me, not giving me any trouble as he held his stuffed rabbit close to his chest and watched his sister's defiance with mild amusement. The baby currently playing soccer with my internal organs had depleted nearly all of the energy I had reserved specifically for fighting the alpha in her. 

"Juni, I don't have time to argue with you. Please put these on or you're going to get sick," I pleaded but my alpha child snorted.

"Why? Do you think I'm weak like you?" She challenges with that firey spark she's had in her since the day she was born.  

"Juniper, what makes you think I'm weak?" I asked her and Waylon curled up close to my shoulder.

"I don't think you're weak, you're the strongest mama I know," He tried to make me feel better but it didn't help my concern for his sister's rudeness. 

"A lunos is always weak. When I grow up, I'm never going to have a lunos. They drag the alpha down with every whiney breath!" She says with shocking determination as she crosses her arms and tilts her chin up like she owns the world. 

When the pack mothers warned me that it would difficult to raise an alpha, I never imagined my daughter questioning every life lesson I tried to instill in her. 

"Of course you're going to have a luna or lunos baby girl, every werewolf has a mate," I told her but she laughed out loud instead. 

"Then I'll reject them the day I get them. I don't need a mate, Daddy says I'm a strong independent girl," Juni fought my logic and a part of me wishes we could skip forward in time to an age where she understood and accepted my teachings. 

"Did daddy also tell you that all lunos are weak?" I asked, even though I knew Mason wouldn't dare. Juni quickly shook her head in denial and grabbed her dagger from the hook hanging on the wall. Strapping it to her waist on top of her jean shorts as she looked for a sweater. 

"Then who did?" I prod and she paused her hoodie hunt to answer me.   

"I'm not a snitch," She replies and Waylon curled up on my lap. 

"It was Connor mama," My son yawned and Juniper gasped. 

"Wei! You weren't supposed to tell him! I'm never going to trust you with my secrets again!" Juniper threatens but Waylon just sticks his tongue out. 

"That will never happen silly Juni! I'm your beta," He reminds her and she reacts by walking into the closet and slamming the door behind her. 

"It was the Crimson boy huh?" I confirm and Wei nods. 

"I tried to tell Juni he was wrong, but she says that I'm just a stupid beta who can't tie my shoes," He whimpers a bit and I look down at his untied sneakers, letting out a small sigh as I tied his little red converse. Running my fingers through his soft dirty blonde curls before kissing his forehead. 

"Being a beta doesn't make you stupid baby. Have you seen your uncle Remy? Or your Papa? Are they stupid?" I asked him and he shook his head.