38| In Your Eyes

~Mason~

"PAPA!" 

Connor's sharp screams replay over and over again in my mind as I pace back and forth in the small room above the garage which had become my little sanctuary. After a quick shower, I started my usual pacing routine in just a t-shirt and boxers while the memory took over. The smell of my own parent's blood fills the room along with Tristan's heavenly scent as I replay the moment over and over again. The sound of the rain tapping on the roof sounding like a barrage of gunshots repeating the fatal injuries.

"You know if you keep pacing like that you're going to leave wear marks on this beautiful hardwood floor," The strong scent of Remy snaps me out of my nightmare. Shirtless, he watches me from the chair beside my desk like he's been here this whole time, but I'm just now noticing him. 

"Sorry," I mutter, knowing how much he hates it when I pace around the place. He raises his dark brow, surprised by my apology but shrugs it off, turning the chair around instead and plopping himself down. But then he looks at me and gives his lap a few little pats with both hands. 

"Sit," He says as if I wouldn't understand his hand gestures and I was a little shaken up by it, stopping my pacing instantly. 

"No," I refuse, but he didn't like that, sitting back while narrowing his light green gaze.

"Well, there's only one chair and I'm not moving," Remy stubbornly crosses his arms and I didn't know what to do and neither did he as he changed his approach. 

"I promise I'll make you feel better," he pouts while giving me sad puppy eyes opening his arms back up.

"What are you? Santa?" I ask and he smirks. 

"Well I mean if you want gifts..." 

"Remy!" 

"No, you big idiot I just want to- you know what, nevermind, you're right. It's stupid," Remy sighs and goes back to his defensive position staring at the floor. I thought I would be happy for winning but instead, I feel even more guilt. 

Noah was right, I do still treat him like he's just my Beta. It was so easy for him to just transition us to being mates, how do I do the same? Here I am thinking he's just being my stupid best friend when really he just really wants to help.

"Fuck," I curse under my breath and cave in. It's just the two of us anyway, what harm could it do? 

Sitting on the edge of his lap he looks up a little surprised but instead of rubbing it in my face he pulled me as close as humanly possible and I got lost in his strong earthy dark chocolate scent. His strong arms wrapped around me to hold me tighter and I felt so safe and warm that I finally breakdown. 

I don't think I've ever cried in front of him. Had a few very drunk mental breakdowns? Sure, but never anything like this. 

"I made him an orphan Remy," I explained as I wept into his shoulder and he quietly hushed me.

"Hey, listen to me. You didn't do anything wrong. If anything you did that boy a favor because I know for a fact your a better father than your old man ever was," Remy says but now I was unable to stop the tears.