48| Hideaway

~Remy~

"MASON!" 

Tristan gasps as he wakes up from his previous knocked out state and sits up, only to have Noah push him back down onto the bed. 

"Stay still bean, I'm trying to put on this band-aid," He chastised him as he looked around the room in confusion while Noah placed the little butterfly bandage to act like a stitch on his cut. 

"Where are we?" He asks and I gently caress his cheek. Our four babes were asleep in the adjoining room so it was just the three of us on this king-sized bed in the Lotus guest house. 

Alpha Helix was kind enough to let us stay as long as we'd like in this minimalist house towards the back of the pack's property that never gets used. He even placed a spell on the area to keep our scents within this small bubble so Mason couldn't find us even if he wanted too. 

"We're with the Lotus pack," I explain, gently caressing his cheek as I gaze into his fearful eyes and try to calm him down.

"Why? Where's Mason? I have to talk to him and tell him what happened," Tristan starts panicking again and Noah kisses his forehead. 

"Did Mason do this to you?" I asked him as I washed the blood from his nose with a wet cloth. 

"What? No, Mason would never hurt me like that. He just triggered one of my attacks and I must have passed out and hit the shelf. Is he okay?" Tris asked like something happened to Mason instead of the other way around. 

"Stop thinking about Mason! He's nothing but a selfish bitch who got all pissy and hurt you just because the goddess forbid, one of his kids isn't his. It makes me sick and you should be too," Noah snaps and I give him a look to try to calm him down. 

"You weren't there Noah, you didn't see the pain in his eyes!" Tris continues to defend him but Noah shakes his head.

"You don't get it Tris, he shouldn't be in pain to begin with. He's being dramatic," He says and Tris sits up. 

"Noah, our mate is a pregnant alpha! Of course he's going to be dramatic! His hormones are going haywire! Do you not remember your obnoxious mood swings cause I sure do!" Tristan mentions and I agree. 

Pregnant Noah was not a Noah you wanted to be around. 

"Mason's been sick every day for the past month, he's stressed out because he's not gaining enough weight for the baby because of it, he just woke up from whatever state you managed to put him in only to be side swept by the fact I cheated on both of you. He's not himself because of the pregnancy! He's been hurt and betrayed by his mate and best friend! And he has every right to be upset!" Tristan is breathless by the time he's done setting us straight and all of us take a breath. 

"You're right Tris, but I still think it's best we stay here until he's at least calmed down a bit. Then maybe Noah can go back and talk to him," I suggest and Noah looks offended.

"Me? Why me? Y'all are the ones who started this shit not me," Noah tries to back out but I don't let him. 

"Yeah, so you're the only one who can mediate and get us out of this shit," I tell him and he lets out a long groan, falling back onto the bed on the other side of Tris and staring at the ceiling. 

"So what happened? Why did you cheat on us with Remy before we were mated?" Noah asks and Tris slowly relaxes beside him and I join them as we stare at the ceiling together. Thinking about that night still angers me but I'm open to hearing the other side of what happened. 

"It was the night I was in heat, after you pulled out last minute and you two were arguing," Tris starts and Noah groans.

"Fuck, you were still in heat and we left you alone," He grumbles and I turn on my side, wrapping my arm around Tris and on Noah's stomach wanting to be as close to my mates as possible as we slowly faced the knawing feeling that our angry Mason was missing.

"I know it was because if I had your babies I would die but Mason didn't understand that so you had to tell him then...yeah," Tris sighs and snuggles into Noah's shoulder. 

"Well, I tried to go to the med bay to get suppressants because I didn't want to bother you or Mason. But it hurt a lot and I fell, then I got surrounded by a bunch of guards who were turned on by my heat," Tristan continues and Noah's hand finds mine, intertwining our fingers together. 

"Then Remy came and saved me. But I-" Tris suddenly starts to cry and I turn my head to find him wiping away his tears. 

"I just really wanted a baby Noah and I don't know if I'll ever go into heat again, but Remy was there and I've always loved him and thought he was really sweet so both of us...well then Cyprus happened," Tris finally confesses like a massive weight has been lifted off his chest and I'm happy for him.

"Remy? You have anything to say for yourself?" Noah prods and I shrug. 

"No, I don't regret it. I think the four of us have always been mated except fate had other plans and took me the long way," I explain and Noah gives my hand a small squeeze. 

"Okay, I understand and I'm not mad bean. It's okay cause Cyprus is adorable and Beau will be too thanks to Remy's genes," Noah chuckles and I roll my eyes. 

"Are you trying to say Juni and Wei are ugly? Those are my babies too!" Tristan gasps and playfully hits Noah's shoulder. 

"No! I'm calling myself ugly," Noah huffs and brings my hand to his lips, giving it a gentle kiss. 

"Noah, shut up," Tris tells him off as they kiss, all while he continues to hold my hand in his. Almost like a gentle reminder that I'm still first. 

"Do you think Mason's going to be okay without us for a bit?" Tris asks and I can't feel him from here with the bubble surrounding us, but I know he's stronger than the three of us put together.

"I'm sure he's just fine," 

***************************************

AN: Mason was not fine