31| A Teaspoon of Sugar

~Remy~

"What are we going to do?"

I hear Tristan say as I slowly wake up to the soft beeping tones of some kind of monitor mixed with shuffling. I didn't have to have my eyes open to know it was Mason's stress pacing. He's probably thinking about the war the Crimson pack started or something.

"What do you mean by that? He needs us," Noah chimes in and I slowly open my eyes. The uncomfortable plastic oxygen mask squished my mouth as I tried to blink the blur away. 

"I would never suggest we abandon him, I was trying to say it's just too soon after Rowan's death and there's three of us. What if it's too overwhelming and he rejects us all?" Tristan explains and just the word rejection coming from his mouth leaves an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

Why would I ever reject them?

"I don't understand! Why would the Gods do this to him after everything he's been through!" Mason argues and I know why he's pacing back and forth now. 

He's worried about me...they all are. 

With my surroundings coming into focus, I recognize the room in an instant. It's theirs so they must have brought me in here instead of the med bay for privacy. Mason's pacing in front of the bed, running his hands through his thick brown curls as he tried to make sense of things. Noah sat down near my feet, cradling the small bundle in his arms as if Clementine was the most precious baby in the world, to be protected at all cost. Tristan rested beside me with a bowl of crimson-stained water in his lap as he took a lukewarm cloth and ran it over my right hand, massaging the blood from my fingertips and treating all my wounds. 

These new mates haven't left our side since you passed out.

My wolf, Kairo, mentions but the mask on my face keeps their lovely scents from me. 

I take a deep breath as I watch all three of my mates caring for my wellbeing. 

Just like Rowan would. 

The thought of their name hurts my heart but it isn't as painful as it was before. I slowly look down to where their beautiful mark once was, but I'm surprised to find nothing there at all. 

Almost like they never existed. 

Rowan took it back from me while I was sleeping so my loss would be less painful.

"Mason, we can't think about those kinds of questions because we all know we'll never have our answers. Now my question is how are we going to approach this?" Tristan reels them back in, being the logical one between the three. His gentle touch of my skin melted my very soul like butter. His love and compassion felt through his fingertips as he tried to make me better again, at least on the outside. 

But the weird thing is it didn't feel any different from the other times he healed me. That familiar spark was more intense but it was always there. So were they always my mates? Did I miss something all these years? 

I'd feel bad for intruding on their relationship just because I missed something earlier. 

"What if we approach him one at a time? Like dating him one at a time until we all get together or something?" Noah suggests but I hate that idea and I hope they do too. Why would I want to be kept from them like that? Do they even know how much I would miss them if one were to leave a room without me?