23| Stand By Me

~Noah~

"Baby, I'm right here," 

Mason's words hit me like a shit ton of bricks as he holds me close. I was so stunned by his forgiveness that I laid frozen in shock. His warm hands running up and down my back in smooth relaxing motions while I fall apart. My entire body was shaking violently as I wept into his shoulder. His own tears wet my shoulder in a small wet spot as I tightened my grip around his neck. 

With my true emotions on full display, I never felt so vulnerable. He knows everything now and if he leaves me because of how I've treated him I would understand. But at least he knows the truth.

"I'm so sorry Noah. I'm sorry for not being there to protect you, I'm sorry for everything I said when you were in so much pain, I'm sorry for getting you pregnant to begin with, I'm so-"

I stopped him mid-sentence with my lips pressed to his. I took his magnificently soft pillows by surprise but he kissed me back without thinking twice. A gentle exchange of pain, heartbreak, and forgiveness mixed into a single moment of passion.

"All the apologies and wishes in the world aren't going to bring our baby back," I cried into his kiss and he just held me as close as humanly possible. 

The once awkward silence was now ringing with the pain of our joined heartbreak. I closed my eyes as I just let my body go numb from the emotional depletion. 

When I woke up, the shooting pain in my leg was the first thing I felt as I quickly realized I had fallen asleep and Mason had too. We had somehow fallen sideways on the couch, curled up in each other's arms with a blanket wrapped around us that wasn't in the room before. 

"Well, good afternoon princess," Mase grunts with my body still wrapped up in his hands. I tried to wiggle free but he wouldn't budge, trapping me in place. 

"Sorry," he mutters under his breath with the saddest sigh I've ever heard as he gives up and lets go of me. But before he can completely remove himself I grab hold of his arms to stop him. 

"Baby, calm down. My leg is falling asleep but I still want to, you know," I refuse to say the word and he raised his thick brown brows in shock.

"My Noah wants to cuddle? I never in a million years thou-" 

"Keep talking and I'll kick you off the couch," 

"Okay okay," 

He moves so my leg is released from his thick thigh and I curl up closer to him, burying myself in his warm vanilla scent as I nudged my mark on his chest with my cheek.

"We're going to be okay right?" I ask, unable to think of any future without him in it. 

"Yeah, I like to think so," He says as he gently kisses the top of my head. 

"Good," I breathe a sigh of relief and he gives me a small squeeze. 

"You know, next time something goes horribly wrong in life, I don't want to fight baby. I want to hold you just like this," Mase says and I snuggle closer. 

"I know, but I just feel so...pathetic," 

"Mmm, actually I think the word you're looking for is petty," 

"Shut up," 

His witty banter coming back brings a small uncontrollable smile to my face for the first time since this whole argument started. 

"I love you," I whispered into his chest as I tried to hide my smile.

"I love you too," he yawned and I tilted my head up to kiss the underside of his chin.

"Sooo can I have my ring back now?" I asked and he chuckled a but.

"Shit, you're going to make me cry again and then I'm seriously going to hate you," He playfully growls in my ear. 

"But you're such a cute crier. I cry like I'm fucking dying," I wheeze and he rolls his eyes. 

"I have never heard of 'cute crier,'"

"That's because you can't hear yourself cry," 

"Point taken," 

"Are you going to cry at our wedding too?"

"I might shed one fake ass tear just to please you," 

"You're so mean!" 

"Well, would you look at who finally made up? I'm impressed," Tristan's voice calls out and we both turn towards the door to find our sweetheart standing in the doorway while scratching his small growing belly.

"Mmm, come here keeper of the dungeon," I call out to him, but he just shakes his head. 

"Nah, I'll leave you two be but you can thank me later," He winks before walking right back out the door and I release the breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"How can he be so cute and so sexy at the flick of a switch?" I ask and Mason pulls me back to him.

"You're certainly not one to talk," he puts me back in my place and I frown. 

"I am not cute," I growl but he doesn't take my shit for a second as he kisses my forehead. 

"No you're right, Tristan's a cute lil gummy bear and you're just an adorable sour patch kid," He compares us and I flick his forehead.

"I'm pretty sure I'm all sour and no sweet," 

"Says the one curled up in my arms," 

"Shut up,"