34| Don't Worry Baby

~Mason~

"Does it hurt daddy?" 

Waylon asked as he touched my bruised jaw, reddened from Remy's punch. I pull his hand back and carefully study our son's features since this is the last time I'll see him for a while. The perfect mellow combination of Noah and Tristan in the form of this sweet little angel. I can only hope and pray he's at least half the beta Remy is for his sister when they're older. 

"No Wei, I'll be okay," I ease his worries and hold his little hand in mine and kiss his smooth forehead. 

"Are you gonna fight the bad guys daddy? Can I come with you! I'll fend them off with my bow!" Juniper offers her backup support with all the spirit and aggression of Noah trapped in a dainty five-year-old. 

"That would be a negative ghost rider," Noah quickly shoots her down but doesn't kill her excitement as she puts her hands on her hips. 

"Excuse me, I was specifically asking daddy not you papa," She huffs with a little lisp after one of her front teeth fell out the other night which only made her sass even cuter.

"What have I told you about talking back?" Noah asks and she rolls her nearly identical blue eyes. 

"That it's mean, but what if I wanted to be mean?" She asks and I gently rub her tiny shoulder. 

"That's enough baby girl. It's too dangerous for you to come with us," I tell her and she listens but isn't one to hide her true feelings. 

"But daddy, one day I'm gonna be the alpha doing all the dangerous stuff. Don't I have to learn?" She asks and I kiss her forehead goodbye. 

"Trust me Juniper, your time will come," I tell her and she finally gives me the hint of a smile I was waiting for. 

"Be safe Papa," Waylon warns once Noah gets down on one knee to hug our little boy.

"I will just for you buddy, Juni come here," Noah beckons her closer and she reluctantly follows. Noah forces her into his arms and covers her in tiny kisses until she was a giggling ball of laughter. 

"I love you so much," Noah grumbles as he finished his goodbye with a tight squeeze before letting her go. The two of us taking our leave together and I feel his hand carefully wrap around mine.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, his thumb gently running back and forth across my hand. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sure he didn't mean it," I sigh as I rub my aching jawline. Not like it mattered, I deserved it after all. 

"You were being a dick but that doesn't mean you deserved to be clocked in the face like that," Noah reminds me but he was fighting a losing game. 

"How was I a dick?" I asked and Noah raised his brow in disbelief. 

"You talked to him like he was just your Beta," Noah bluntly puts it and stops off at an unoccupied corner, softly touching the bruise that I'm sure was going to form. 

"That makes no sense Noah, he is my beta," I argue but he shakes his head, letting go of my hand to hold my head in both hands and stare me down. 

"Not anymore, now he wears a different title that comes before everything else," He reminds me and I blink a few times before finally understanding. 

"What is he again?" Noah asked and I sighed as I sucked it up to tell him he's right. 

"My mate," I saw the two little words and just thinking of all the history between Remy and I makes me feel stupid for not noticing any potential before. 

"Wrong again," He says and he lets go of me with that all-knowing smirk. 

"Our mate," I grumble the right answer and he playfully punches my chest. 

"Dammmn, I know you want him all to yourself but thankfully the Gods said you have to share, so suck it up buttercup," Noah winks and before continuing our descent to the main hall where Tristan and Remy were already waiting for us. Remy refused to look me in the eyes after what happened upstairs, staring mostly at the ground instead.

So I say goodbye to him first. 

"It's okay Remy," I touch his chin, tilting his head up slowly until I could see those beautiful hazel eyes with tiny green flecks. He looked surprised when he saw the bruise and started saying something until I swallowed his apology with a single kiss. 

"I'm sorry," He whispered in our kiss and I just smiled. 

"It's okay," I said before leaning into his shoulder and press my lips to his ear, "You'll make it up to me when I get back," I whisper, tracing a line down his spine to make him shiver at my touch before moving on to Tristan. 

"Bye baby, come back to me in one piece okay?" Tris pleads and I kiss his adorable pout. When I pull away I whisper in his ear just so Remy won't hear me. 

"Let him mark you," I give him full permission and I swear all the blood in his body went to his head as he turned pink with embarrassment. 

"I-I love you," Is all he can say, clearly shaken up but I know Noah was going to say the same thing since we had talked about it earlier. 

"I love you too, take care of yourself though." I remind him and he nods before I grab my single rucksack and wander over to where the rest of the men coming with me were waiting for my go-ahead. 

"Long live Kailea!" I cry out for it to be relayed back to me and the journey begins.