22| Baby I'm Right Here!

Trigger warning: Self Harm

~Mason~

"Good Morning,"

"Mmph" 

Is all I get from Noah as he passes me to go to the bedroom, almost as if I don't exist. Even Yakota whines in the back of my head from the pain, but I do my best to ignore it. Rubbing the sore left side of my chest where my broken heart still pulsed. 

At this point, I'd rather he just break our bond

Yakoata groans and I agree with him. 

Yeah, but he won't. He loves Tristan too much to hurt him

I reply as much as it pains me to think of the fact that Noah no longer loves us, I know it's true. 

I wish you just kept your big mouth shut

Instead of arguing with him I walk out of our wing and down the stone staircase to my center office. 

"Well, you look a little worse for wear," Remy doesn't have to remind me as I plop down at my office chair without much of a care. 

"Tell me something I don't know," I picked up my tablet and stared at the hundreds of messages waiting for me without opening a single one. And I thought running one pack was hard, watching over an island of packs with 1,500 werewolves and shifters was another level. Not once has it gotten easier these past five years. 

"The Crimson alpha wants to speak to you. Apparently it's about something that happened between the twins and his son," Remy starts and I avoid his worried look. 

"Have you been drinking again?" Remy pauses and I put down the tablet, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"No, you know I've been sober since I've been with my mates," I remind him and he nods, clearing his throat. 

"Sorry, you're right. It's just I haven't seen you look so distraught since then. Is there something I can do? You know you can tell me anything," Remy says as he closes the office door behind him. 

"I'm fine, Remy," I scratch my head as I try to clear my head from Noah but I can't without doing it again. But I can't do it with Remy here. 

"You know, Rowan's taught me a thing or two since they work at the hospital," He mentions and comes closer to me, sitting on the edge of the desk as he gives me a look.

"Wanna tell me why you're wearing a long sleeve shirt when it's ninety degrees outside?" He asks and I should have known my beta better. 

"My mates haven't noticed," I clear my throat again and he raises his brow. 

"Which is why I'm not your mate, I probably know you a lot better than them to be honest," He mentions and pushes the tablet aside, pulling my hands into his lap as he undid the buttons on my sleeves. 

"Is it here?" Remy asks as he slowly tugs the sleeve down. I don't have to confirm since he could see the small red lines I had made to keep my pain at bay. 

"I have an entire island to watch over Remy. I can't let Noah distract me like this," I try to make excuses but the tears building in his lower lids told me what I did had no excuses. 

"Great, I'll just add you to the list of all the people disappointed with m-" He wraps his arms around me and hugs me without question. 

"Mason," He groans as he squeezes me and I wrap my arms around him, not knowing just how badly I needed some kind of love until now. I'm sure Noah doesn't want me anymore and Tristan probably thinks I'm too weak to protect him through this pregnancy.