1| Unfair Trade

~Mason~

"NO!"

There my mate laid before me, lifeless and unresponsive as I turned his wet body onto his back. I quickly laid my head against his chest for three seconds, checking for any sign of him being alive but there was no chest movement and not a single breath from his nose. 

Placing two hands over his upper chest, I started compressions without hesitation. Counting to thirty before doing to breaths of mouth to mouth. 

"Come on Tris, come back to me," I begged, my voice shaking as I counted to thirty again, probing for any sign of life but the only life that came out of him was when I put the air in his lungs and he rejected it. 

"TRISTAN! I NEED YOU! COME BACK! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! NOT NOW!" I screamed, my compressions weakening and every second I was losing hope. My wolf whimpers as he begins mourning with an unfathomable pain burning my very soul as Tristan faded away. 

"No, no, no, no, Tristan? Come back please, baby. I've already lost Noah, I can't lose you too." I cried as my own tears fell upon his pale cheeks. The second he leaves, I'm going with him because I can't do this by myself and I don't want any other mates.

 I want my Tristan and Noah because they are my joy, my laughter, and they are mine.

"Tris," I stopped compressing and collapsed on top of my mate's chest. The pain was too much to bear and if I just close my eyes, I'm sure we'll go somewhere together. Just the three of us. 

"I-"

Cough, cough, cough

Tristan coughed out the murky brown water and I quickly turned his head to the side while gently patting his back in an attempt to get it all out.

"Oh, Thank the gods I thought I lost you," I sigh sighed as he was finally breathing again.  

The two of us ended up paired together at a random lower aisle in the stadium after the water had receded. Surviving only by holding onto the concrete railing with our superior strength once the tsunami came rolling in. But we were only 2/3 complete. 

"Noah," Tris gasped once he finally stopped throwing up and began dry heaving instead.

"I don't know where he is baby, I can't feel him but I know he's alive," I shuddered, fighting all of my instincts which were screaming to go find him and our unborn son. But I have no idea where Noah could even be right now and Tristan almost died. 

"We...we have to..." Tris coughs as he attempts to pick himself up but his arms give out and I catch him in my arms before he hurts himself further.

"We aren't moving baby, I don't know where he is and we have nowhere else to go with you in this condition. It's safer if we stay put for now. Noah's so incredibly strong. I'm sure he'll be okay." I quickly reassure him, trying to get him to lay back down but he wasn't having it.