36| Repeat

~Mason~

Nervous?

Noah asked as we walked beside each other on the lit path to the Lotus pack. I'm not nervous per se, just anxious if anything. I stared at the path ahead of us and watched the lanterns change from those of the Kailea to those of the Lotus. Forgetting to answer him, Noah gently nudges the scruff of my neck with his head. His massive tiger form hovered over me in search of his answer. 

No

I could tell the second I said it through our link he didn't believe it as he huffed a bit. 

Liar

He replied and I looked back towards the path, slowing when I saw the alpha of the Lotus pack. I nodded when Alpha Helix took a bow in his human form holding a small wooden box with his guard positioned behind him. 

"Good evening King Mason, it's goo to see the attack left you uninjured as I assumed it would," Alpha Helix stated and I shifted into my human form just to speak with him. 

"It's good to know my other packs were shown mercy after what he did to ours. I wish this meeting was under better circumstances," I greeted him and he let out a long sigh.

"Yes, but unfortunately desperate times call for desperate measures," He opens the small wooden box containing the specialized handcrafted collar I had requested. 

"It's been enchanted to your specifications, but I must warn you that once this clasp closes it can not be removed unless he is brought back here and the binding spell is broken by one of our specialized mages." He says and hands me the box so I can examine it myself.

"Thank you for doing this on such short notice," I extend my gratitude and he crosses his chest in an 'x' form, a solid green line following his fingertips as he does so before touching his forehead and pressing his hand over my heart. 

"A spell for extra healing to reserve your strength. I pray you show no mercy on the wretched creature calling himself and alpha," Alpha Helix bowed once more before turning around and I handed the box to the wolf I designated to hold it before our journey started. 

I start shifting once more, calling for my small army of twelve to bow once more until I sit, releasing them from their positions. Noah stretches his back and pokes me with his nose before the two of us walk to the front and continue on towards the Crimson pack. 

Are you really going to use it? 

Noah asks and this time I really do ignore him as I continue onward with an awkward silence that follows.

 Only if I have to

I respond after a few miles of thought and we finally reach the gates of Crimson. Expecting the worse our archers shift and take aim, but I'm surprised to find the guards putting their unarmed hands in the air. All except the one opening the gate, bow to their knees. Letting us enter without hassle or murder. 

They knew I wasn't here for them. 

The small streets of Crimson were usually packed at this time of night but there wasn't a single soul roaming in the night as we walked to Alpha Damien's citadel where his home and throne were contained. The guards both stood aside as I shifted, bursting into the room with only my black cloak on as the others staid in their animal forms. 

"KIng Mason, what a surprise! I'm sure you've left a lovely trail of blood leading to my very doors. It will take forever for my guards to clean the mess you've made," Alpha Damien laughs on his throne when I enter the circular room and stop in the middle. Shocked when I find his own son, Connor, chained to his throne chair by his right ankle. The poor boy laid on the cold floor, covered in multiple cuts and bruises and sleeping so still that I thought he was dead. 

The thought of him hurting his own offspring and the blessed future alpha in this pack enraged me further than I thought possible. By just seeing his smug grin as I looked over his child I already knew he was going to blame me. 

"Well you did tell me to keep it away from your precious perfect children, so I tucked the bastard away. Good thing I killed it's mother while it was just a babe so she'd be unable to stop me," He adds as he stands up, refusing to bow to me and I grimace. 

"Alpha Damien of the Crimson pack, I'm hereby forcing you to resign from your position of alpha of this pack or face immediate execution," I threaten and Noah growls beside be, ready to pounce at the man who ordered the attack to kill our people but was too much of a pussy to join his own men in the fight. 

"Hahaha, your request is quite comical Mason really, guards," He points his guards in our direction but the wolves remain still. 

"I said guards!" He raises his voice but they still remain still, watching as if we don't exist. 

"This is treason! I will have every single one of you killed!" He screams in the face of one guard and attempts to grab their throat but I stop him. Catching his wrist in my hand and squeezing it with a sickening crunch.

"You don't own them anymore, as of tonight they will all be free," I growl, finally sparking fear into his eyes and shoving him back with all of my strength which. Leaving him crashing into the wall on the opposite side of the room.

With both of us shifting quickly, my vision turns red as I aim my sights on him, pouncing at the opportunity as his dark red wolf forms and he takes the hit. But he doesn't go down easily, fighting back with a few blows that do nothing to me until he scratches my face, hurting me like a mother fucker. 

I quickly topple him over though, being larger and stronger than him as I pin him down and grip his throat in my mouth. 

"PAPA!" 

The child's screams do nothing to stop me as I deliver the fatal blow with a deep crunch, tearing his head from his body. 

"PAPA! NOOOO!" The child screams and I look up to find the look in his deep brown eyes matched my own. 

And in that split second, I relived every minute of that moment when I discovered my parent's slaughtered bodies in our cabin on the hill. A perfect childhood ruined by my father's stupid decisions, forcing me to become the alpha of my own pack too soon.

I did it. 

I made the boy an orphan. 

I became the enemy I swore to fight against. 

Connor lights up like a matchstick, the flames crawling on his skin as he screamed out of pain and anguish for the loss of his father. A piece of shit man who deserved worse than death but the man was still his father. 

The wolf I assigned snaps the collar over his throat, scorching his firey powers instantly and ending with his fainting. Noah quickly rushed over to the pup, nudging his frail abused body before shifting to his human form. With his inhuman strength, he ripped the chain open on Connor's ankle and cradled him in his arms. 

"How could he do this to his own son! He's just a baby!" Noah cried out as he clung close to Connor, knowing his condition was weakening with every second. I spit out the blood of my enemy on the floor, wiping my mouth with my paw before shifting back to my human state. 

"Come on my love, we have to get him back to Bahra before it's too late," I tell Noah and he clutches Connor's head to his shoulder as he whispered sweet melodies to the fainted five-year-old.