10| Only A Dream

~Mason~

"What is his status?" 

I asked the cowering rogue as he watched over Remy with a terrified look on his face. Noah placed his hand on my shoulder but I'm so pissed off that there was no easy way to calm my fury. But the quiet rogue only pissed me off further with his silence. 

"TELL ME!" 

"Calm yourself Alpha Mason or I'm afraid I'll have to have you removed. Your psychotic energy isn't good for my patients," our pack doctor, Bahra, scolds me as she stands beside the rogue. 

"And my new assistant, Rowan here is a selective mute and they can only talk to certain individuals they trust," Bahra mentions as she places her hands on Rowan's shoulders to protect him like he was her son.

"She's right Mason, I met Rowan on their way in and they didn't say a single word," Tristan tries to defend him but I snap. 

"He's not a member of this pack Bahra, I've yet to make my decision," I scowl and Rowan's lower lip trembles as he points to Remy. But I know that look all too well. 

"First off, it's 'they' not 'he' and you're not going to separate your beta from his second chance mate are you?" Bahra threatens and I narrow my darkened gaze on this 'Rowan'.

"Now do you want to know Remy's status or are you going to continue looking at my sweet assistant like you want to kill them?" Bahra snaps in front of my face, retaking my attention. 

"Right, Remy is stable and will recover but it appears he's been covered in bruises. It's safe to assume this isn't the first time his wife snapped on him. It's one of several, within the last week. He's got bruises, cuts, and scars of all different ages." She explains and Rowan grips the bottom of Remy's hospital bed. As if it pains them just to hear of Remy's injuries.

So Rowan really is his mate. 

"My partner, Rowan, was able to cook up a new salve to help the healing process but it looks like this is a case of domestic abuse. It's going to take more than medicine to cure him. He's going to need a lot of support when he awakens but thankfully he has his mate and his best friend," Bahra adds and I'm quick to shove rogue Rowan against the wall, pushing up on his neck with my forearm. 

"If you lay a single hand on my beta, I personally will rip you limb from limb. Do you understand rogue?" I growl and Rowan's tears spoke for themselves as they shook their head. 

"Stand down alpha," Noah's low growl hovers over the back of my neck making the hairs stand up until I let Rowan go and walk out of the medical wing. 

"MASON!" Tristan's voice stops me in my tracks and I turn to find my two mates, linking their arms around both of mine, dragging me to the south wing where we lived. After closing the door behind us, they both let go of me at the same time. Letting me fall to the floor with a thump as they examine me with their eyes. 

"Listen Mason, I get it. You're overprotective of Remy and you just went through a lot emotionally, but that's no excuse to attack his mate like that. Calm down for God's sake before you kill someone else," Noah says as he crosses his arms and Tristan gets down to my level. 

"Remy is going to be okay now. Rowan wouldn't do anything to hurt him, I mean you've seen them," He reassures me as he caresses my chin and I hold his hand letting out a long sigh. 

"You're both right, I don't know what I was thinking. I should apologize," I try to excuse myself but Tristan holds me back. 

"Give Remy and Rowan some time alone my love. Besides, it's been a long day and I'm sure Rowan will forgive you in the morning and Remy might want to talk," Tristan reminds me and I stand up with him.

"Ew, what the fuck is this?" Noah grunts as he scrunches his face at the cup of gray liquid sitting on our kitchen counter.

"It must be another concoction from one of the pack mothers. They've been trying so hard to try to find a way to get me to go into heat but I've already given up on the notion," Tristan sighs and Noah pours the cup down the drain. 

"It smells like its more likely to kill you than give you children, god damn," Noah gags and tosses the glass in the sink.

"Well they're just trying I guess," Tristan gets quiet as he rubs his arm and I come up to hug him from behind. Talking about children always puts him in a depressed mood and Noah also senses it while wiping his hands on a towel. 

"Tristan, I know it's been a few years now but don't give up all hope now bean." Noah tries to cheer him up but I know it's been so hard for him.

"I just, I feel so unworthy of being a Lunos sometimes," He sighs and wiggles out of my arms to sit on the edge of the couch. 

"Tris, what are you talking about?" I ask and he shakes his head with a small laugh. 

"Nevermind, how did the engagement go? I'm glad to see you two made up after all," He changed the subject. I took up his left hand to gaze at the beautiful ring Noah gave him and he finally smiled. 

"I know, all the pack moms were going crazy over it and already started wedding planning. But what does this mean for us?" Tristan asks me and I raise my brow. 

"What do you mean my love?" I ask and Tris crosses his arms. 

"Well if Noah and I are getting married and you're marrying Noah, what about you and me? Are we just gonna be his side lovers?" Tristan asks and Noah chuckles as he collapses on the couch with a glass of whiskey.

"I would love that by the way, a sweet little Lunos and a sexy Alpha fighting over little old me? Your charming Beta? Mmm," Noah runs his thumb over his lower lip as he eyes the two of us and I roll my eyes.

"Why am I marrying you again?" I ask him and he gently kicks my ass. 

"Anyway, well the two of us would be getting married too," I explain and Tristan stands up, dusting off my shoulders a little bit.

"Well then Mason Kailea," Tristan purrs my name and goes to get down on one knee. 

"Oh come on! I don't even get to do it once?" I groan and Noah bursts out laughing.

"Looks like you are shit out of luck, but no bean, please continue torturing our- oh would you look at that? It's showtime," Noah whispers and I turn back to Tristan to see him curled up on the floor with tears streaming down his bright red cheeks. 

"Tristan!" I get down on my knees to help him but the second I touch him my skin burns hot and his scent is overpowering to the point where I thought I was going to drown in a sea of Tristan if I didn't do something soon. I look up at Noah as he stands behind the two of us like nothing was wrong.

"Noah! There's something wrong with him! How can you be so calm! We have to take him to the medical wing," I yelled at Noah and touched Tristan again but he let out this strangled groan when I did.

"You'll do nothing of the sort, he's fine. More than fine actually," Noah comments as he shotguns the rest of his whiskey and puts slams the glass down on the counter before going to unbutton his shirt. 

"Noah, what the fuck are you doing?" I asked him but he just laughs, shaking his head slightly as he does. 

"Tristan's having his first heat,"