43| Nice Guys Finish Last

~Remy~

"Uhh, is he okay?" 

I ask Noah after walking into the living room to find him ready to go as he dusted off his uniform while Mason laid completely knocked out on the couch. 

"He's fine," Noah says without any context and for all I know he could have drugged Mase into a slumber. Not like I minded considering how much he needed the sleep. 

"If you say so," I cautiously reply, knowing I should trust him but at the same time it's Noah. Just when I thought I knew him, it turns out that I knew nothing about him at all. I can't help but watch him as he fixes his navy blue uniform embroidered with gold. It brings out the deep blue in his cold eyes as he swipes a hand through his messy blonde hair making it perfect with ease. 

Why doesn't our mate like us? What did we do wrong? 

My wolf Kairo whimpers at Anu's cold reaction towards us, howling softly before retreating out of his own depression. 

"Stop staring at me like that," Noah catches me and I snap myself out it. 

"Ready to go?" I ask, trying to talk about anything else and he lovingly kisses the top of Mason's head and I feel my face flush just slightly. Would he ever do such a thing for me? Would he ever give me little loving kisses when I was sick? 

Probably not. 

He doesn't answer me, instead, he just leaves and I'm left to follow him without any instruction. 

"I still can't believe he did this to us, why did we both have to go? Why couldn't just one of us represent the group like we usually do?" Noah complains about having to be with me like I'm not the one standing beside him as we walk down the stairs and out the main hall. 

"I wanted you to come with me. Sorry, I was the one who asked Mase if you could. I think it was stupid now on my part, so I'm sorry for ruining your day," I lied to him in a fake confession to take some of his anger off Mason. He already hates me so I might as well take the blame. 

Noah stops, his shoes squeaking on the floor as he turns to me but I look down, avoiding his gaze at all cost. I just want him to like me again. If he can't even tolerate me he's never going to love me and I'd rather he just reject me at this point.

I hear Noah's footsteps as he continues walking off without me and I quicken my pace to catch up. 

"It's going to be a long walk to the Crimson pack and I don't want to shift," Noah says and I'm thankful he doesn't yell at me for 'forcing' him to come with me. 

"Why not?" I ask and he shrugs. 

"Anu wants one thing and I want another," He grunts and I scratch my arm like I usually do when I'm incredibly nervous. It's like I'm on a first date or something and it's not going well.

"Must be hard to um, disagree with a tiger," I try to add to the conversation but Noah just snorts. 

"If I left my tiger out, he'd have you pinned against the next tree, fucking you harder even if you begged for us to stop, bruising every square inch of your skin, and leaving our mark in the most noticeable place possible," He nonchalantly explains and I suddenly feel like I can't breathe. The thought alone turns me on but I'm thankful that we're not shifted so he can't smell my arousal.