Chapter 2: Death

TP's POV

"Our noble protector." the Queen utters.

Someone stood up in front of her and bent her knees.

"You know it's this time again."

"Yes, your highness."

"Your quest is final. Bring us the Priestesses."

"I accept the quest, your highness."

"But.. you know what you have to do first."

The protector closed her eyes and nodded.

"You have to kill her first."

"I-I will, your highness."

"Your quest begins. Bring this with you. This bottles will help our Priestesses to regain their powers back. We, with the Gods and Goddesses, blessed you with strength and power. We are expecting you to finish the quest as soon as possible. The Priestesses are needed here."

The protector stood up and felt raging power through her whole body. She looked at the Queen and grabbed the bottles.

"I will never fail you, your highness." she utters and turned her back.

She closed her eyes and her white wings flopped strongly. She jumped as high as she could and closed her eyes again. She then focused on the time and place where she could sense their Priestesses. Then she vanishes in the air.

•••••

JENNIE's POV

"Unnie, I left my baby just for you. Just so you know. You better give him treats."

"Treats? Seriously? I brought Dalgom to play with Kuma. That's enough, Jendeuk."

"That's not enough! And Dalgom won't play with him. He'll just sleep on Kuma's bed. I swear to God, if we came back later and saw your dog sleeping on my baby's bed, I'm telling you."

She just laughed as she parked her dusty car along with the others. She knows I'm right. Tss. She's lucky I love her.

"You don't want to attend this party but you dressed up so much."

I glared at her as we walk inside the venue.

"I didn't. And you know this dress isn't even new."

"Whatever you say, Jendeuk."

I rolled my eyes and then our co-workers started to greet us. I just smiled at them awkwardly and then went back to my bitch face. It's not really my thing. Just getting along. To have fun, as what Chu said. Whatever fun she's talking about.

"Oy. New dress."

"New coat."

I just looked at them as they talk. This guy really is hitting on my best friend. And I can see how interested Chu is. Sarcastically speaking. I chuckled and drink this champagne.

"Oh. Wow." I looked at Chu as I gulped.

Jisoo smirked and stared at the champagne too. It's delicious. Guess how much is this drink. This café. We just started working here a year ago but this is the first time we attended their christmas party. One party though. Birthday party of the owner. But as usual, I left early that time. I didn't really enjoy it.

•••••

The night is getting deeper. And it's really boring. This party is. The only time it's not boring is when I won the game earlier. The game of Rock-Paper-Scissor. Silly, right?